Mercy

As I stood there, Summer screamed and ran to my side. "Oh my gods, Mercy! Are you okay?!" I rolled my eyes. "obviously..." I muttered. Then speaking up, "I'm glad I found you. Come now, we must find the others quickly. I don't believe we are the only ones on this island..." upon saying that, both girls inched closer to me. I sighed and tried to hide my hurt leg. I thought about the stories my mother used to tell me. About Crisonia, and it's sun, it's islands, it's ocean, etc. My father told me about the other races. The elves, and most of all the wolves. He once told me, "if you were to meet a wolf, NEVER turn your back to them." But of course, I made the mistake of turning my back to a wolf. At least, I think it was a wolf. Something about the smell...
"COAL! ADDY!" Summer screamed, interrupting my train of thought. Looking up, I indeed saw Coal and Adeline sprinting towards us. Coal had a huge bump on his head, so he must have upset Adeline. How many times had I told him to not pull anymore Lokis'? Still, I was just relieved to see them alive and unharmed(aside from coal's bump). "Where's Zero?" I demanded upon their arrival. "We dunno... he isn't...with you...?" Coal huffed. "No." I said, trying to hide the worry in my voice. "Okay...Addy, can you pick up his scent?" He turned to Adeline. "I need something of his...this place has so many new smells!" She cringed. "I take it they're @&$$&); smells?" Summer smirked. "Language..." I growled. Just then, I sensed a disturbance. I reached up and pulled down my deceased brother's sword, careful not to hit anyone. Upon seeing this, the rest of the group pulled their weapons of choice. I glared at the shadowy spot where I sensed the heat. The grass rustled. Wait...I thought as I readied my weapon. I was about to do a wind strike when Zero stumbled out, bruised and bloody.He was muttering something when he saw us. "Zero!" Marina cried out and ran to hug him. I let out the breath I had been holding. Suddenly, a horn blared and the young ghost dragon's eyes widened in fear. "Run..." he said. "Huh?" Summer yawned. The sound got closer. What with the look in Zero's eyes, I could tell this was serious. "Run! They're coming!" He screamed. I wasted no time. Hoisting the injured boy over my shoulder, I grasped Marina's hand and ran, the others close behind. And through the sound of the rushing wind, I heard two words. "KILL THEM!!"