Battle

Coal pov

It had been an hour since the Elf woke up. I had given him some of the berries we had been gathering in Farohew. Were we really in Farohew only yesterday? It seemed like life times ago. When he woke up, he immediately reached for his back only to find we took off his quiver. I was surprised by the look in his eyes. His eyes showed zero fear, only stone cold hatred. "I don't know what kind of humans you are, but you can't fool me." Was the first thing he said. I explained that we weren't human, but he was still wary. Never less, we began to trust us. I think he was swayed by mari's timidness. The boy(whose name was thorn), was indeed an elf. Sort of. Turns out, he was only half. When I asked about the vines, he showed me his magic. Of course, Mari screamed. What kind of question was that? I was trying to figure out where we could meet up with the others when I smelt it. It was the same disgusting odor as the men on the beach. The men who tried to kill us. I looked at mari. Her face was full of horror, so I knew I wasn't imagining it. "What?" Thorn looked confused. Without warning, I picked him up and raced down the tunnel, mari on my tail. He struggled in my arms and screamed. I tried to tell him to shut it when I heard the human's war cries. My blood ran cold. He must have heard, because he shut up. We ran faster. I thought I saw other tunnels branching off of ours, but kept running. Soon, we reached a huge cavern. And I was so confused at what we found. There were people with furry ears and tails, and more elves. I counted ten in all. Five wolves, five elves. "Thorn!" An Elf to my right screamed. She was almost my height and had fiery red... hair?! I stood in awe. Why did I? Because people don't have red hair! "Hesita"I heard the small one scream. The ground began to feel warm. I looked down and glowing trickles of fire snaking towards the ground around her. Looking around, I saw Addy fighting two wolves, mercy fighting an elf with striking yellow hair and two spears shaped like lightning bolts. Summer was slashing at a wolf, and others fighting others. The lava on the floor hardened into a beautiful broadsword, made of pure magical energy. I took a step back. No dragon I had ever met had that much magic. It was insane. I unsheathed my sword and stood ready. No words were spoken. Our distrust was the battlefield. And we were it's soldiers.

Notice
I'll probably be updating a bit more since I'm stuck in bed with bronchitis🤒. Please tell me how it's going so far and if you like it(Ellie,I already know you like it.) you literally cried when I introduced thorn. These all all my oc's except thorn, coal, and mercy whom belong to eyebrow_wiggle. Go check her out, her writing is AMAZING AND SO IS SHE LOVE YOU ELLIE~SENPAI!! Also, try reading this while listening to megalovania(from undertale, which belongs to Toby fox). K thx bai.