Connection

"Princess she's your mom," Louis said to the pacing boy, "she doesn't hate you."

When the boys had got home Harry pulled his moms facebook page up and clicked the message tab but has yet to actually type anything.

"I can't deal with rejection from her." Harry said in a stressed tone, he was still pacing back 'n forth. "I just can't." He mumbled more to himself than to Louis.  

"Baby do you want me to message her myself?" Louis didn't know how to make Harry feel better, "She'll still think it's you and all but then you won't have to worry."

Harry shook his head slowly, thinking to himself. "It needs to be me," Harry wasn't sure why but he knew he needed to do it himself, for his mom "I just need you to be here with me."

"I always am baby." Harry sat on the couch next to his boyfriend and climbed into his arms while pulling the computer onto his lap. "After you message her do you want to do a photo shoot?"

"Yeah," Harry smiled, "I've actually come to like modeling- or whatever it is I do for you."

"You just like being on other peoples walls." Louis teased, poking Harry's side making the boy giggle. 

"Hey Mr. Jealous it was your idea to take the pictures and then sell them!" Harry was shoving his hands away while trying not to squeal. "Okay, okay." Harry sighed and made a 'lets get serious' face at his lover. 

"What should I even say," Harry was back to worrying already, "Oh hey mom! Just checking in on you after not even speaking to you once over the past one hundred years oh and also, that boyfriend of mine you didn't like almost killed me, is trying to take my kids and oh yeah I had kids and- and-" 

"Baby, baby," Louis said hugging Harry to his chest, "just start with a simple hi mom, I miss you." 

"Okay, you're right," Harry sighed typing exact;y what Louis said, "well you could've just written it like you said but for some reason me writing it still makes me feel better." 

Louis laughs and rubs Harry's back, "Good job baby, now let's go take some pictures of you." 

The couple hops up off of the couch and Louis grabbed his camera that was next to his car keys. As they climbed into the car, they discussed where they were going and decided on the local park that has a beautiful garden and play ground that hardly anyone uses or visits. 

"All I can imagine is how beautiful these pictures are going to be with you surrounded by pretty little flowers." Louis said, making a smile creep onto Harry's face. 

"You are definitely too nice to me babe." Harry giggled, reaching to grab Louis' hand, squeezing it in his own, tight.

"Whatever princess, you are the best person in the entire world." Louis said and for a second Harry looked at his face, trying to find humor, something that shows he's just saying it to make Harry happy, but honesty was all over his face.

"I love you." Harry whispered, leaning over to give Louis a kiss on the cheek. At the last second Louis turned and kissed him on the lips.

"Hey Mister!" Harry pulled back, "You need your eyes on the road not on me." 

"But you're so much more attractive than the yellow lines across the roads. " Louis whined, but turning his head back to focus on the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just stand in the middle of the sun flowers but look past my shoulder, not in the camera." Harry thought Louis looked hot when he was in the zone so he automatically did what his boyfriend commanded. 

"You're doing amazing sweetie." Louis said imitating Kris Jenner, making Harry laugh, Louis never stopped taking the photos. 

When they finished in the flowers, Louis decided it would be cute to do some pictures on the unused swing set. Harry sat on the bright yellow seats and started to slowly swing, Louis taking pictures without giving him any direction.

Harry is a natural. 

A text from Niall made Louis place the camera around his neck and pull out his phone.

Nialler: Boss said that he needs you to come in tonight because the person that took your shift for later got sick or sm.

Louis rolled his eyes before he replied,

Okay but will you do me a big favor and if I am late clock in for me? I had plans for this evening.

A text from Niall signifying he will do it made him sigh in relief. Louis looked up from his phone at his boyfriend who was smiling as he swung back and forth on the swing.

"You're so cute baby." Harry looked over at the compliment and slowly stopped the swing. 

"What's wrong Lou?" He asked, obviously he appreciated the compliment but he could tell something was upsetting Louis. 

"Niall just texted me and told me I have to come into work tonight," Louis sighed, "I know I promised I'd be here all night in case your mom messaged back but- I tried to take it off." 

"It's okay, I promise babe." Harry stood up and walked over to Louis, wrapping his arms around him, "What time do you have to leave?" 

"The boss said 3 but Niall said he would clock me in and then you know after ice cream I'll go in- and I- I am sorry." Louis felt horrible.

"It's okay Louis." Harry leaned back to look at him, "I forgive you for having to miss ice cream just this once."

"But I don't have to miss it," Louis rushed out, "Niall said he'll-"

"No- No," Harry shook his head, "I am not- We are not getting in the way of your work okay?"

Louis nodded and checked the time, 1:00, "We should probably go home then."

"Yeah let's go!" Harry said trying to keep Louis' mood up, also not trying to remind either of themselves that he won't be able to pick the twins up at 3.

When the couple got home they sat on the couch together and opened their laptop, hoping for a reply and both ending up disappointed.

"It says she was last active yesterday so maybe tomorrow or even tonight she'll log on and see the message." Louis reassured his boyfriend who he hoped didn't start panicking. 

"I am just going to keep repeating that to myself until she- hopefully - replies." Harry said, shutting the laptop screen.

"I have to get ready for work baby." Louis said, then realizing they only had one car. "Wait, how are we supposed to pick up the kids at three and also have me at work at three?"

"I'll just take a taxi or something, don't worry daddy." Harry smiled reassuringly. 

"Hell no Harry." Louis refused, "I am not letting you and the kids ride with a stranger to and from a school. You can take my car, I'll take a taxi." 

"Fine." Harry said pouting and crossing his arms, "You ruined my plan to seduce the driver into giving me a free ride." 

Louis rolled his eyes and attacked his boyfriend, pushing him back onto the couch and straddling him, poking his sides repeatedly. 

"Oh my gosh okay!" Harry couldn't stop giggling, "Stop, stop, stop!" 

Louis sat back and smiled, "God I swear if I could see your smile everyday for the rest of my life, I would never be sad again." 

"You're so lame." Harry giggled, blushing, "But I love you." 

Louis replied, "I love you too, we got to go soon baby."

Harry sighed, nodding, "I know, I just don't want to."

"Neither do I but we got to." Louis paused for a minute, not wanting his little vacation of sorts to end but, money awaits.

The two got up and started toward the door, Louis quickly called himself a taxi and while he waited, walked his boyfriend to the car.

"Be careful with my beat up baby now," Louis joked, "she may not be worth the most but she has some great memories embedded in those torn up seats."

Harry laughed, closing the driver side door but sliding the window down, manually, "As soon as I start getting modeling gigs and you get photography ones, I am buying you a brand new car."

"I am holding you to that," Louis shook his head and leaned into the window puckering up for a kiss goodbye, "I'll see you later sweet cheeks." 

Harry leaned in and kissed him, trying not to smile from his pure happiness in that moment. They couldn't imagine their lives without each other now and they haven't even known each other for very long.

After Harry left, Louis waited on his porch for the taxi to pick him up, checking on his sales of photos. The only ones he's been selling are Harry, he was the one that made him feel inspired and driven to succeed. 

The sales have been going up, as their followers on social media. People send the two pictures of Louis' work, pictures of Harry, on their walls or anywhere else. Both of the boys were saving their money and they are super happy. Their dreams were coming true and they didn't want that to end. 

When Louis arrived to work, the sinking feeling in his stomach increased, he just wanted to go home and cuddle with his three favorite people. Seeing Niall made it a little better, but knowing he has to work over time tonight made him want to cry. 

"Hey buddy I've missed you!" Niall yelled as soon as he saw Louis, running out from behind the counter and hugging him tightly. "We need to hang out, outside of here."

"Yeah, we do," Louis nodded as he clocked in and walked behind the counter to join his friend wanting to walk out. 

"So how's Mr. Lover boy?" Niall asked, "Have you had sex yet?" 

"Great." Louis said, Niall motioned for him to continue, "To both questions." 

Niall laughed loudly and got a dirty look from one of their many grumpy co-workers, "I can't wait until we are back to working the night shift," He gave a dirty look back at the co-worker, "alone." 

Louis nodded in agreement, packing a bag for the car in the drive way. After giving the man his food, he turned back to the register, ready to take the next order.

Later that night, finally getting closer to clocking out, Harry and the twins came in. Of course the twins were asleep in a stroller because a day full of class and then coming to McDonald's at ten o'clock has to be pretty tiring for kids. But Harry on the other hand, looked like he was in a hurry, and wracked with anxiety. 

"Hi babe," Harry said, giving Louis a kiss over the counter and then waving to Niall, "I got a reply from my mom."

"Oh my gosh that's great!" Louis said while smiling, after seeing the look on Harry's face made the smile wipe away, "Or not? What did she say?"

"Well," Harry said, "I didn't actually open or read it, I just got the notification."

"C'mon Harry, you had me freaking out by the look on your face." Louis laughed nervously, "Do you want to open it now?" 

"Yeah I kinda wanted to open it with you." Harry said a little embarrassed, Louis glanced at Niall who nodded and grabbed Harry's hand along with some ice cream, and pulled him to their table.

While the twins enjoyed their ice cream tiredly, Harry handed his phone to Louis, "I can't open it babe I'm too nervous."

"That's fine princess, I got you." Louis reassured, he took Harry's phone and unlocked it with his own fingerprint. 

He went to the messenger app and clicked on his mom's name. He read the message a couldn't help but smile at Harry, as he said, the message was lovely.

Anne: Hi baby! I have been waiting for this day for so long. I miss you so much baby boy. How are you? Can we meet up soon? 

When Louis showed Harry the message, he immediately started crying. He missed his mom so much it hurts.

"Give me the phone you baboon, I need to reply and tell her how much I love her." Harry exclaimed, his happy tears still streaming down his cheeks.

"Okay, okay." Louis said throwing his hands up in mock surrender, "Make sure to give her your number." 

A/N: 

HELLO GUYS I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH! 
So do you guys want me to write shorter updates that come out sooner or longer ones that come out further apart? When I write chapters like these and the last one it takes me a while to complete and edit. With shorter ones I can update more frequently but at the same time if I get busy it's nice to know that I have a large chapter out to last longer. I don't know, let me know.

Anyway, I love you guys and I just want to thank you for all of the support and patience with me. I know I keep saying I am back for good and then I disappear again so I am just not going to say that anymore. I truly am trying to write more but I have this weird trait that runs in my family, it's an addictive trait. I go like a month of just doing one thing over and over constantly, and then I move on. Like I'll read tons of books and then stop and next month I'll watch youtube all the time and then the next month I will move on. It's so weird. 

Sorry for rambling, I know you probably don't care about all that.

I love you and I'll be updating soon. Don't forget to message me with anything. Anything you need, I will be here for you no matter what.

Words: 2305