Chapter 17 - Telling Jay

*Rachael’s P.O.V*

‘Just shows how good that hospital sex was!’ I laughed as he nodded. ‘We obviously can’t tell Emma the baby is yours, but we can tell Jay. I told him last night what had been going out, well, I didn’t tell him what Emma had been doing to you, and he seemed very supportive of us. He said that he’ll do everything he can to bring us together because he’s not a fan of Emma’ I explained. He just nodded his head still delighted with the news. I pulled his hand and placed it on my stomach. ‘I love you Nath’ I smiled. ‘I love you too baby girl’ he replied kissing me. ‘Nath, I have a plan. I know how you can break up with Emma’ I smiled.

‘Oh, there you too are!’ Jay smiled. ‘Yeah sorry, I took some convincing, but I’d be honoured to be your bridesmaid!’ I nodded regaining my seat beside Jay. ‘Whoo! I’m so happy’ she squealed. ‘We can go shopping for the dress tomorrow!’ she exclaimed. ‘Great’ I muttered. I pulled out my phone and text Jay.

‘Can you help me in the kitchen please? – Rachael x’                            

‘Sure J - Jay x’

He followed me into the kitchen where I explained how Nathan was going to break up with Emma. He thought it was genius. Just as I was about to leave the kitchen, I saw Emma trying to seduce Nathan. She hopped up on his lap and started kissing him on the neck. He looked horrified. He looked and me and started mouthing the word ‘help’ but I just stood there and laughed. ‘Okay I think that’s enough’ I said smiling at Jay. ‘Oh you two look cosy’ I laughed walking in on them. ‘Oh we are Rachael, we are’ she replied smirking.

‘So tell me Emma, what is Jay like in bed?’ I smirked. She looked down at the floor before replying. ‘He’s fantastic’ he smiled. ‘Emma, who are you kidding? We haven’t made out before’ Nathan spat. ‘Nathan’ she grunted tugging his arm. It was obvious that he was in pain. I explained to Jay when we were in the kitchen that Emma had been abusing Nathan. The previous day when everyone was out, I got the local security company to install cameras all over the house to catch Emma in the act. Jay was upstairs observing what was going on, when Emma tugged Nathan’s arm, so I was hoping that it was caught on camera. We would soon find out.

‘Nathan, what do you say?’ she asked treating him like a child. ‘Um’ he replied. ‘Nathan, that’s not the answer’ she spat before slapping him across the face. ‘Oh that’s it!’ I jumped up and moved towards Emma, making sure I did nothing wrong, after all, it was going to be caught on camera. ‘Don’t you ever do anything like that to Nathan in my house. Do you hear me?’ I spat standing a metre from her. ‘Now if you don’t like my rules or you don’t like me, you know where the door is’ I spat pointing to the door. ‘Fine’ she replied. ‘I’ll text you later Nathy’ she smiled but slammed the door on the way out.

‘Thanks Rachii’ Nathan whispered pulling me in for a hug. ‘Now, go and get ready. I’m taking you out for a date’ he smiled. ‘Where are we going?’ I asked all excited. ‘Well, we won’t be going anywhere, where there is alcohol served’ he smiling rubbing my stomach. ‘Good idea’ I smiled. ‘Dress casual babe’ he shouted as I made my way up the stairs.

I picked out my white floral print sundress with a cut out heart and a pair of brown pumps. I threw them on the bed and hopped in the shower. When I came on I found Nathan sitting on the bed waiting for me. ‘Hi’ I smiled. ‘Hello’ he replied. Wrapped in a towel, I got out my hair dryer and began to blow dry my hair straight. Not taking any notice of Nathan I threw on my underwear and stood there thinking if my outfit was really suitable. ‘Look’ Nathan sang. He pulled me by the waist over to the mirror and put his hand on my tiny baby bump. ‘Our babies in there’ he pointed out. ‘Yeah, I know’ I smiled. ‘If the baby is anything like you, it’ll be gorgeous’ he talked into the kiss. ‘Thanks, but let’s just hope it has your beautiful eyes’ I replied as he blushed.

‘Now really, where are we going? I need to know what to wear.’ I frowned. ‘Wear something comfortable. I’d advice that you don’t wear heals, wear flats and wrap up warm. Now that’s all you’re getting from me for now!’ he winked. ‘You stay here and get ready, and I’ll go do something.’

I walked towards the wardrobe and rethought my idea. I threw on a white top, black skirt, black tights and black pumps. I rummaged through the wardrobe for a black jacket and came across a black blazer. I walked over to Nathan’s wardrobe and picked out a random hoody and threw it in my handbag. ‘Ready’ I called walking down the stairs. ‘Great’ he replied walking in the front door. ‘Let’s go!’ I called.

We walked for around five minutes until we arrived at the park. ‘What are we doing here?’ I asked confused. ‘Well, we are going to have to get into the swing of things, so I decided to bring you to the swings! Well playground’ he corrected. The playground was deserted thankfully. He guided me by the hand over to the swings and pulled me onto his lap once he was sitting on one. ‘Hold on to the ropes really tightly’ he advised. He placed his hands on my stomach and began to swing gently. ‘Aw this is cute’ I exclaimed. ‘You’re cute!’ he replied. He pulled out his phone and captured the moment. ‘I would set it as my wallpaper but Emma may see it. I’ll get it printed and frame it for our room’ he announced. ‘Sounds good to me’ I replied still swinging.

‘Let’s go!’ he announced. ‘Go where?’ I asked. ‘You’ll see’ he replied tapping his nose. He placed his arm around my waist and guided me in another direction. ‘So, when did you find out you were pregnant?’ he asked. ‘This morning. I’ve been sick all week, but I thought it was food poisoning. I went to see the doctor when we were quiet this morning and he told me. To be honest though, I did have a sneaking suspicion that I could have been pregnant. The symptoms weren’t as strong as food poisoning. I had morning sickness, stomach cramps and suffered from fainting spells’ I explained. ‘I’m sorry, I probably should have told you when I first thought I was pregnant. It probably would have been nice for us to find out together.’ I sobbed. ‘Why are you crying’ he asked bending down a little to look me in the eye. ‘Sorry, it’s just the hormones.’ I informed him. He put his arm around me again and continued walking.

We started walking up a small hill about ten minutes from our home. ‘I thought we could come up here and watch the stairs.’ He explained. When we reached the top, I noticed that he had laid out a blanket and some candles. ‘Having your brother as a band mate really has its advantages!’ he laughed.  We sat there silently for an hour watching the stars. ‘Let’s go home’ I suggested yawning. ‘Aw, is my Rachii tired’ he teased, so I nodded because I was tired. ‘Okay, I’ll get Jay to come back for the blanket. It is his blanket after all’ he laughed before picking me up bridal style and carrying me all the way home.

‘Stick on your pyjamas baby girl’ he winked as he followed me up the stairs. He was dressed before me so he rushed down the stairs. ‘Come down when you’re ready’ he called. ‘Just in time’ he smiled as I entered the living room. The fire was lighting and he had two cups of hot chocolate in his hand. He placed them down on the table and pulled me down with him right in front of the fire. He sat behind me, placing his hands around my waist. He covered us in a blanket and handed me hot chocolate. ‘You put marshmallows in it!’ I squealed. ‘Yup! I know how much you like marshmallows’ he whispered.

We sat there in silence for five minutes watching the television. ‘Nathan, can I ask you a question?’ ‘Shoot Rachii.’ ‘I have my first scan tomorrow evening after the dress fitting. Will you come with me?’ I asked. ‘Of course I will. I want to see our baby too!’ he laughed. ‘8 months’ time, we’ll be one big happy family’ I smiled. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael :) xx