Chapter 20 - The Beach

Butterflies, butterflies..we were meant to fly, You and I, you and I..colors in the sky, We could rule the world someday, somehow but we'll never be as bright as we are now, We're standing in a light that won't fade, Tomorrow's coming but this won't change, Cause some days stay gold forever, The memory of being here with you, Is one I'm gonna take my life through, Cause some days stay gold forever. - Gold Forever - The Wanted

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really needed to pee but I could wake Jess or Nath. I didn’t want to wet the bed either because I haven’t done that since I was 4. I had no other choice. ‘Nath, I really need the loo’ I whispered in his ear. ‘Nath’ I whispered shaking him. No luck. I kissed him on the cheek. That seemed to work as I saw his eyes spring open with delight. ‘What’s up baby?’ he whispered looking over to see Jess still sleeping. ‘I really need to pee’ I smiled. ‘Okay’ he replied. He jumped out of the bed, picked me up, threw me over his shoulder and carried me to the toilet.

Just as I was preparing to pee, he began fixing his hair in the bathroom mirror. ‘Um Nath, are you going to let me pee in peace?’ I asked. ‘Don’t worry, I’ve seen it all before’ he smirked looking at me in the mirror. ‘Fine’ I replied sulking. ‘What time is it?’ I whispered walking out of the bathroom on his back. ‘10pm’ he replied looking at his watch. ‘Can we go somewhere?’ I asked. ‘What about going to the cinema, but instead of watching the movie, we spend the time kissing in the back seats?’ he suggested carrying me down the stairs on his back. ‘No, I don’t fancy going to the cinema. It’s something about the sticky floors’ I replied. He stopped at the couch and informed me that I should lie down. He sat at the top of the couch, my head in his lap and my hair in his fingers.

‘Babe, we have a week off after we fly home from Paris. I want to spend it with you. Just you and me Have you ever been to Italy?’ he asked running his fingers through my hair. ‘No, I’d love to go though’ I told him. ‘What if we spend the week travelling around Italy. We can visit Florence, Pisa, Venice and Rome. They all look far away on the map, but you can get from Florence to Rome in just over two hours by train’ he explained. ‘Wow, someone’s done their research’ I laughed. ‘I got Jess to do it yesterday. I’ve been planning it since I’ve been in hospital’ he explained. ‘I’d love to go Nath’ I replied. ‘Good, I’ve booked the plane tickets and the hotel rooms. The boys are going to cover with Emma. They’ll tell her that I’m visiting family in Gloucester for the week. She won’t suspect a thing!’ he laughed. ‘We fly from Paris to Florence the day the boys leave for home’ he explained rubbing my hair.  

‘What about we go to the beach for a walk?’ I suggested. ‘Sure!’ he replied sitting up properly and crouching down beside me for another piggy back ride. ‘Hold on tight!’ he exclaimed before carrying me all the way to the beach on his back. He dropped me off at the path leading to the beach and linked arms with me as we strolled towards the shore. ‘It’s so peaceful!’ I whispered trying to keep the peaceful vibe alive. ‘I know’ he replied. It was dark, but the nearby street lights brightened the beach. We stood at the edge of the water. I felt the water trickle over my toes and my feet sink into the sand. ‘I want to show you something’ he smiled, well I think he smiled, I could just see the white of his teeth.

He grabbed me by the hand and guided me down the beach. We continued walking, following the light at the end of the beach. When we reached it, he lifted me up so my legs were around his waist, and walked through the water watching where he was stepping. ‘Where are we going Nay-Nay?’ I asked. ‘You’ll see’ he replied. ‘Here we are’ he said dropping me down on the rock. It was a cave buried in the side of the cliff. ‘When we were young, we used to come down to London every summer to visit grandparents. Mum used to bring us to the beach near where she used to grow up, and it had a cave, where we could come and just relax and think. We I moved in down the road with Jay, I began exploring one day after an argument, and found this place. Whenever I want to get away from the stress, I come here and relax’ he explained sitting me down beside him.

‘It’s very peaceful here baby’ I replied smiling. The reflection of the water on the cave wall, made everything visible. ‘I’ve never been so happy in my life’ I exclaimed. ‘I’m with the person I love, we’ve got a baby on the way, my brother finally has a girlfriend and my parents are in a better place looking down at me. I couldn’t be happier.’ I exclaimed. ‘That makes me happy! But do you know what will make me even happier?’ he asked. ‘What Nay-Nay?’ I smirked. ‘Swimming with you in the sea right now!

He jumped up ripped off his top and jeans and jumped in. When he re-appeared at the surface, I shouted ‘is that safe?’ ‘Well I’ll protect you baby girl!’ he roared back. ‘That’s all I need to know!’ I laughed back. I pulled off my tank top, pulled my phone out of my pocket and jumped in in my bra and shorts. ‘About time, I was getting lonely here on my own’ he smiled kissing me. ‘You wouldn’t have been lonely for so long if you hadn’t jumped it!’ I smiled. ‘I couldn’t help myself and the image of you all wet popped up in my mind!’ he joked. He picked me up and sat me up on the side. ‘Here we go again’ he started as he kissed my belly. ‘I swear this belly of yours keeps growing! It’s bigger each time I kiss it’ he joked. ‘I know, and I still have another 8 months. Damn, I’ll be like a balloon come February.’ I sulked. ‘I’ll still love you though’ he admitted. ‘Whoo!’ I cheered. He sat up beside me and put his hand around me as we gazed at the stars.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is longer than my last fanfic, and I have a lot more to come! :)

Comment :)

Vote :)

Fan :)

Rachael xx :)