Chapter 6: The Strongest Team Assembles

Natsu POV
It's been a few weeks since Lucy joined the guild and she seemed like she was settling in pretty well. She still isn't used to the daily brawls but I told her that she'd get used to it soon. Currently she was talking with Levy about something or other and I felt a small smile make its way onto my face as I watched her laugh. For a human she's kinda pretty. I mused.
"Hey flamebrain! You gonna keep staring at your girlfriend or are you gonna go talk to her?" An annoying voice said from behind me.
"Oh shut up Snow Queen you're just jealous that I got a girl and you can't even get any to look at you with that stripping habit of yours, speaking of which..." I pointed down and he looked down to find himself shirtless.
"WHAT THE HELL?! WHEN DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN?!" He shouted as he frantically looked for his shirt. I looked over at Lucy again and a growl ripped from my throat. Loke the guild heartthrob was flirting with her. He was flirting with my Lucy. I stood up and stormed over to them.

Lucy POV
Levy and I were talking when a guy with spikey ginger hair and dark glasses came over to us and asked,
"So... Is it true that you and Natsu aren't together?" I shifted uncomfortably and replied,
"Yeah... It is... I'm not really looking for a relationship, just a way to get away from my father." He smiled and pushed up his glasses and flamboyantly asked,
"In that case how about you and I get dinner tonight?" He started sliding his arm over my shoulders when suddenly I felt a weight on them and looked to see Natsu glaring at him while holding me protectively. He stole a quick glance at me his eyes still holding the same level of intensity and I felt myself blushing despite myself and looked away quickly.
"Sorry Loke but Lucy's going on a job with me, stripperboy, and sis." Natsu said calmly his voice not portraying the rage clearly etched into his normally handsome features- wait....WHAT THE HELL DID I JUST THINK?! I panicked internally I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I didn't notice my name being called until a simple phrase broke through my thoughts,
"Am I going to have to kiss you to snap you out of it?" I snapped back to reality and I noticed Natsu had changed position so that he was facing me with both hands on each shoulder. He was staring at me seriously and I noticed that he was close enough to...
"....kiss me..." I mumbled unconsciously. With that I felt heat and pressure on my lips and my eyes were as wide as they could possibly be as Natsu Dragneel, a fire dragon who had tried to steal my scarf twice stole something of far higher value from me for the second time.... He stole a kiss. I barely registered the cry of pain that he let out as Erza knocked him into the opposite wall nor did I hear her ask if I was alright, all I could hear was my pounding heart.
(This time skip is brought to you by the Magic Council censoring committee, because sometimes Erza just does things to people that can't be described without a lawyer present!)
Once my heart had calmed down and Erza was done *censored*-ing Natsu she explained that her,Gray(an ice mage I met earlier during the chaos that ensued after Natsu kissed me), and Natsu were going on a mission together.
"But why do I have to come? I'm not even a strong mage...." I said feeling confused and self conscious. I felt warmth around my shoulders and knew that it was Natsu.
"As if I'm letting either you or that scarf out of my sight. Someone has to protect you after all." He said with a bright grin. I blushed and murmured,
"Natsu...."
"After all it's second nature for a dragon to want to protect what belongs to him, isn't it?" He said and I growled, throwing his arm off my shoulders while Erza said,
"NATSUUUUU! YOU HAD BETTER STOP TREATING MY FRIEND AS A POSSESSION OR ELSE I'LL*CENSORED* YOU AGAIN!" He paled considerably and pleaded,
"Please sis! Not again! Once in a lifetime is bad enough! Please, just anything but that!!!" He started sobbing and his eyes shot towards me.
"What's with that look?" I asked feeling uneasy.
"Luce can I please go back to leaning on you? I think she did something to my legs...." My eyes widened and I hurriedly walked back so that he could lean on me for support. His arm returned to my shoulders but instead of it feeling like he was leaning on me it seemed more like he was.... holding me but I shook it off.
"By the way, why do you keep calling Erza 'sis'?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

Natsu POV (just after Erza started threatening him)
I was trembling when I noticed Loke eyeing Lucy. Not on your life pal. I thought protectively. I came up with a lie, well half lie, about my legs being in bad shape so that Lucy would come back. The second she was close enough I had a strong grasp on her shoulders and sent Loke a look that clearly said: Mine.
Then Lucy asked about what I call Erza and raised an eyebrow cutely-WAIT WHAT?!
3rd POV
Natsu shook his head violently and Happy flew over to Lucy and said,
"Oh that's easy! It's cuz she's his older sister of course!"
"....EEHHHHHH?!"