Chapter 7: Promise

Lucy POV
We had just arrived in the town of Onibas for our mission. I stood with Natsu draped over my shoulder only half conscious after the train ride here, apparently he had really bad motion sickness. What I expected to be a quaint town with a small problem was purely and simply pure, utter pandemonium. There was a wall of wind at the center of the town and people were running away from it as quickly as they could, trampling each other in the process. My eyes widened in horror as I watched this.
"We're heading to the cyclone at the center of town, it seems like that would be where the problem is." Erza stated with an indisputable finality.
"I-is that safe?" I asked trying to keep my voice from trembling to no avail. Gray put a hand on my shoulder and reassured me in a confident voice. I nodded nervously and we advanced towards the towering pillar of wind.
(Time skip to when they get to it.)
We all stood directly outside of the cyclone. Natsu was standing on his own, shakily albeit but at least he wasn't making me carry him anymore.
"W... Ugh... What now?" Natsu asked in a weak voice. Poor guy... I thought sympathetically. Just then what looked like a shadow came reaching through the wind and a man came out of it and grabbed me. Time seemed to slow as I was pulled down into the shadow and dragged behind the wall of wind.

Natsu POV
"LUCY!" I shouted as I watched her be captured. I ran forward after her ignoring the other's shouts. Why am I this worried? I shouldn't care this much about a human girl! I thought as I ran.
Lucy POV
I woke up in a dark room with a guy with his black hair in a spikey ponytail and a long white coat. That's weird.... I don't remember falling asleep....
"So, you finally woke up." he said with a sick smile. I found that I wasn't tied up but I felt incredibly weak. Wait a second....I recognize this feeling.... I thought with mounting horror as realization dawned on me as my eyes adjusted and I got a better look at my captor's face.
"K-Kageyama? Then this feeling.... Aria..... Aria you're here right?! Why are you doing this?! What's going on?!" I shouted trying to stand up.
"So sad.... for a daughter to abandon her father... it's truely heart wrenching." A voice sobbed from the darkness around us. I felt anger fill me like hot air fills a balloon.
"I DIDN'T ABANDON HIM! I RAN AWAY AFTER HE TRIED TO FEED ME TO ACNOLOGIA, A BLOODTHIRSTY DRAGON! HE LEFT ME FOR DEAD AND I WAS COMPLETELY ALRIGHT WITH ALLOWING HIM TO BELIEVE IT! YOU WANT TO TALK SADNESS TRY BEING ABANDONED TO DIE THE SAME WAY AS YOUR MOTHER WHO'S DEATH YOU WERE RESPONSIBLE FOR!!" I collapsed with my face in my hands and choked out "Just....please if you're going to finish the job hurry up and do it already..." I started sobbing quietly as the large mage approached me holding a hand out and crying loudly.
"Air space: D- gouwfu!" His spell was interrupted by a flaming fist as the wall to my right was destroyed and someone came flying through the hole in it. I stopped crying as shocked tears leaked from the corners of my eyes before they dried completely as I stared at the man who was, once again, proving to be my savior. I felt myself grin despite myself when he shouted.
"I'M ALL FIRED UP!" He rushed forward and took a swing at Kage before he could even register what was going on. The poor shadow mage ended up crashing through a wall.
"Fire Dragon Iron Fist!" Natsu shouted preparing to attack Aria. Unfortunately he wasn't fast enough as Aria let out one last sob and disappeared.
"Dammit he got away!" Natsu shouted extinguishing his fist. He turned to Kage and tied him up...with a pipe that had been knocked out of the wall. I guess that works.... I thought as I sweatdropped. He then proceeded to turn to me and rushed to my side as I used the wall for support.
"Don't push yourself." He said, genuine concern lacing his words as he stood beside me ready to catch me if necessary. I pushed off the wall and stood shakily.
"It's ok... I'm used to it," I mumbled bitterly "Why do you care anyway? The scarf won't be damaged if I pass out it'll just get a little dirty." I added shooting him a glare. He looked confused and asked,
"What does that have to do with it? I didn't say anything about the scarf, I told you not to push yourself. The scarf may not get damaged, but you could easily get hurt." I stared at him slack jawed. He moved so that he was directly in front of me and hooked his fingers in my scarf and held it up a bit so that it was in my line of sight.
"As long as you have this scarf I can and will always protect you, I swear on Igneel's name." With that he did something that sent electricity running through my entire body,

He kissed me.

And I kissed back.