Chapter 20: Two Dragons

*Inhuman screeching noises* 2K READS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------
Lucy POV
After Natsu sent Jose sailing upwards into the ceiling he immediately sent a wave of flames into the, apparent, dragon that had me pinned down. Once I was free he rushed to my side and helped me up.
"I'm so sorry Luce, I know that we had a plan already in place, and it was so smart but I couldn't let you get hurt anymore, not because of me." He rambled softly and I placed my hands on either side of his face, pulling him into a kiss. He smiled into it but pouted when I moved away.
"It's fine Natsu, I'm not the one to be apologizing to, that's Erza. But we can cross that bridge when we get there seeing how you just blew our cover and knocked Jose into the wall." I said patting his head. He looked at me for a moment before saying, "You do know that a wall is different from a ceiling, right?" My eye twitched and I suddenly wished I had my scarf back.
"Just... deal with the dragon?" I half asked/half ordered him earning a toothy grin before he ran over to the dragon apparently named Black Steel.
"Hey! Gajeel! Looks like we get to finish our fight from earlier!" He called as I turned back to Jose who had fallen back to the floor with a sickening thud. He pointed to the two dragons with a quaking hand and yelled, "How did you get free?! The scarf's power is supposed to be absolute!" Knelt down in front of him, a sly smile playing on my lips, and explained.
"Irene Belserion left notes on the enchantment she used for Erza, I just used a light pen to copy it onto Natsu's neck, freeing him." Natsu grinned and jabbed his thumb at a tiny, glowing magic circle on the back of his neck to emphasize my point.
"Thanks by the way Lucy,I owe you one!" He yelled igniting his fist and sending it straight into Gajeel, or Black Steel or whatever his name was,'s face sending him crashing into a wall. Just then Jose rose to his feet, a dark aura surrounding him.
"Seriously?! How are you not dead?!" I yelled exasperatedly as my hand went to my whip. Luckily before either of us could do anything a battered Erza came rushing in and distracted Jose who called out to 'Kill them all!' oh so eloquently.
"Not if I can help it!" Natsu roared sending a long jet of flames into the, now iron scaled beast. I ended up huddling with Happy in a corner as Natsu and Gajeel battled it out. Suddenly Natsu took a strike to the stomach as Gajeel turned his arm into a long rod of iron and smashed him into a far wall.
"Natsu!" Happy and I screamed almost running forward until he shot us a warning glare from the rubble.
"Hey, Gajeel! What the hell do you think you're doing taking orders from this guy! You're better than that...you gotta snap out of it, I can't fight you seriously knowing that you're not in control!" He coughed picking himself up. He limped forward, back towards his opponent, his eyes covered with shadows.
"I know you're in there you stupid metal head, I was too! So wake up already and fight me  for real!" He yelled charging forward, his fist raised. Unfortunately the damage he'd suffered up to this point were starting to take their toll and he stumbled and fell. I watched in horror as Gajeel turned his arm into a serrated sword and I found my hand grasping around in my pocket until I found a semi-familiar key.
"OPEN GATE OF THE ARCHER! SAGITTARIUS!" I screeched my voice suddenly turning harsh as the pain in my ribs increased. What looked like a man in a horse costume appeared next to me and I hoarsely asked, "Is there any way you can hit the scarf off of that man's neck without killing him?"
"Of course!-moshimoshi" he exclaimed aiming at the scarf's waving tail. He loosed his arrow and, for one eternal moment, everything stopped. Gajeel paused mid-swing as he brought down his arm, Erza and Jose stared in shocked silence at his now vacant throat, and Natsu stared at me with a mix of admiration and horror. Then, suddenly, the world seemed to start again and everyone exploded into action. Erza expertly slashed her sword through Jose's magic as if it weren't even there and knocked him to the ground, Natsu, taking advantage of his opponent's momentary lapse of consciousness all but exploded off of the floor and began to pummel Gajeel, while Happy raced across the room and snatched the scarf and arrow from where it was lodged into the wall. He raced back to me just as multiple explosions rang throughout the building and Erza smirked.
"Looks like we've all wrapped up our battles." She said as I affixed the scarf around my neck and grinned.

-----------------------------------
A/N: Sorry if the fighting was poorly written, I'm not good at writing battles 😅😅😅😅😅