Chapter 12: Loss of a Father

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! IT'S BEEN TOO LONG! PLEASE DON'T HATE ME!!!!!!😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫
------------------------------------------
Natsu POV
After Lucy stormed out of the basement all I could do was stare at the spot where she'd been sitting. Why can't I remember? I thought numbly as I wracked my brain for any sign of that kiss, hell I was looking for any sign of how I actually managed to hypnotize her, no matter how hard I tried I couldn't seem to remember. All I could bring myself to recall was trying to hypnotize her, her fighting me then trying to take her scarf. After that she used it to give me orders then.... then she hit me and yelled at me about some stuff.
"Hey flamethrower! Why the hell did you let her leave?! You know it isn't safe for her to be on her own! None of us were allowed to leave! Master Makarov gave us express orders to stay put and wait to act until he said so!" Gray yelled,  getting in my face and snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Look! It's not like I wanted her to leave,  she just stormed off! What did you expect me to do to stop her anyway?!" I yelled our foreheads pressed together.
"Guys, come on! We can't focus on that right now! Lucy probably went to visit Levy and the others, she'll be fine." Happy said getting between us. Gray and I both sighed and nodded, putting the argument to the side.
(Small time skip)
We all, excluding Lucy who was still MIA, stood in front of the closest branch of Phantom, Eisenwald. Gramps moved to stand in front of us all and yelled,
"Listen well my children! While I still don't understand why the king's personal army would target our guild, nonetheless after what they have done we have no choice but to retaliate!" We cheered and his eyes raked through the crowd as he asked,
"Who wants to knock?" I immediately stepped up and swung an ignited fist at the door, blowing it off its hinges.
"Fairy Tail says hi!" I yelled as all of us rushed into the building and started to fight with the Eisenwald jerks. Gramps went full giant and smashed a guy into the wall.
"Where is your leader?" He growled angrily and the guy he had pinned stuttered out,
"L-l-lord J-Jose is on the second f-floor." With that gramps dropped him and made his infuriated way upstairs. We all fought some more, including Happy which I couldn't help but laugh at quietly as I sent a flaming punch into some woman's face. I froze as a familiar, metallic smell hit my nose. I looked over at Erza who nodded to me, signaling that she smelled it too.
"Well, well, if it isn't Titania and Salamander. How long has it been?" A deep, gravelly voice said from above us all. We all paused and looked up to see a tall, studded man standing upside down on a beam in the ceiling.
"Black Steel." I growled flames slipping out of the corner of my mouth. I didn't even wait for him or Erza to say anything, I just launched myself at him, sending both of us crashing through the beam. We didn't waste any time getting into the fight, in fact the second I tackled him he bashed his knee into my stomach, knocking all the air out of my lungs. I coughed but didn't pause as I sent a flaming kick at his head.
"I knew you were a sell out but I didn't realize just how bad you were Gajeel, I mean selling out to the king I mean, come on! He has a pretty strict 'kill on sight' policy for dragons, are you really that broke, or do you just have a death wish?" I asked dodging as he turned his arm into an iron lance and tried to behead me.
"I don't expect you to understand 'mr.as long as I have friends I'm unstoppable'. After all how could you possibly comprehend that some people need to fend for themselves in order to survive." He growled slicing at me again.
(Meanwhile with Makarov 3rd POV)
Makarov made his way through the second floor, his anger flowing out of him as pure, raw magical energy. He arrived at a room with a figure sitting on a throne-like chair.
"JOSE!" He roared sending a bolt of light at the man. It passed right through the man who chuckled.
"Now, now Makarov there's no point in the two of us fighting." Jose said in a falsely reasonable manner. Makarov growled and asked,
"What does the king want with my guild? And what in Zeref's name do you think you're doing attacking my children?!" Jose looked at the old man in suprise.
"Do you mean that you don't know? Hahaha! That's just rich! She's been a member of your guild for almost a year now and you still don't know who she really is!" He exclaimed laughing sardonically. Makarov glared at the younger man and growled,
"I don't know who who really is? What are you talking about?" At the feet of Jose's projection appeared a tied up and unconscious Lucy. Makarov gasped and let loose a savage growl.
"What did you do to her? And why?! What has the poor child done to deserve this?!" He yelled the building starting to shake from the sheer force of his rage. Jose's projection laughed once again and responded,
"Why my dear Makarov, this young lady is in fact the lost princess Lucy Heartfillia. As for what she's done, well you can imagine how her father must feel about her running away." A sadistic smile spread across Jose's face as he said this and the projection disappeared. Just then, before Makarov could react a deep voice from behind him called out,
"Air space: drain!"
(Back to Natsu POV)
I was about to ram a flame engulfed fist into Gajeel's face when I saw something falling from the second floor. For a single, heart stopping moment, everything stopped as gramps crashed into the floor. His skin was a pallid green and his eyes were a sickly yellow.
"Looks like we got the girl and took out your master, not a bad day productivity wise." Gajeel murmured before turning his arm into an iron rod and sent me flying into an opposite wall.
"'Got the girl?' What the hell is he talking about?" I asked myself, wiping blood off of my mouth. Then I froze again, and it was like someone had punched me in the guts again as the realization hit me.
"Lucy....." I gasped breathlessly. Everyone started to evacuate but Happy and I hung back and I grabbed a member of Eisenwald. I dragged him outside and smashed him against an outside wall.
"Where. Is. Lucy?"