Chapter 22: Aftermath

Lucy POV
"You know you have caused me a great deal of inconveniences Lucy." My father said sighing from his throne.
"Yes, I am well aware that father, and to be entirely honest I feel horrible about it. My selfishness put innocent people at risk and I'm going to have to live with that knowledge for the rest of my life." I stated in a monotone looking down at my dress. It's been about a month since the event we had dubbed the Phantom War. Due to Jose's treacherous acts Phantom Lord was disbanded by my father and, unfortunately, due to the amount of damage we all caused the members of Fairy Tail I had come with and I were all arrested and brought in for questioning. Due to the fact that I was the missing princess I was immediately placed under house arrest and locked in my room while the others,especially Natsu and Erza, were subjected harsh questioning and treatment. I'd finally been allowed to leave my room to go and speak with my father, which ultimately brings me to our current circumstances.
"Well, anyway, none of that really matters now seeing as it's all behind us. We can go on with our lives and get back to attending to our royal duties." He said with finality and I allowed myself a bitter laugh.
"'Return to our lives and royal duties', huh?" I asked as a mirthless smile marred my features. I started to walk forward so that I was standing at the dais' steps.
"No way in hell. I'm done playing the perfect princess, I'm sick of being who everyone expects me to be! For once I want to be myself, and that isn't 'Princess Lucy Heartfillia', it's Lucy of Fairy Tail." I declared glaring defiantly. He stared at me in complete disbelief as I tore off my crown and threw it across the room.
"Our family doesn't even deserve to rule! Anyone who would willingly act as though innocent lives don't matter has no right to claim power over others! My great-great grandfather Zeref enslaved all dragons and you have tried relentlessly to wipe them out! All they want is to live in peace! All of the dragons I have met up to now have been kind and loving people who don't deserve your hate! Acnalogia is one of many and he does not speak for them all. That in mind I refuse to continue to allow this family's hate to continue to define my life, so I'm relinquishing my right to the throne!" I yelled my eyes blazing.
"The Heartfillia royal lineage ends with me!" I roared finality ringing in every word. I turned to leave and began to walk out of the throne room, ignoring his shouts to stop. I waved to him over my shoulder and said, "My friends and I are going home now, make sure that you don't come after us or this time you'll be Fairy Tail's enemy." After that I made my way to the cells and made sure we all got out before my father could get down there. Then grabbing Natsu's hand I set off running.
"L-Lucy..?" He asked as I pulled him along followed by the others, now including Gajeel, Wendy, and Juvia, along with Gajeel and Wendy's cats PantherLilly and Carla. I glanced back at him and simply yelled, "Let's go home!"

END