(6) Mystery Women

This was amazingly drawn by MyMainEmotionIsTired !!!! If you'd like to make fanart for this book, then please tag me, and it'll be put in this book!!! Thanks!!!

                            Nicks POV
      We followed Ashlie through the hallway, quietly and carefully. We were all on edge, fearful of  what the darkness could hold. "Geez, these stupid halls have never been so nerve-racking to walk through..." Cory muttered, and the others agreed. "Are we almost at this mystery place?" Tommy asked impatiently. "It isn't just some mystery place, Tommy. Once we get there it'll be a safe haven." Ashlie countered. "What makes this place so safe?" Nick asked. "It locks from the inside." Ashlie said simply, "Now hurry up, we're close...And the sooner we get there the better." Ashlie said. "Oh shut up Ricky, they aren't too slow...You're one to talk, you don't even have legs!" Uni began to argue with himself as we kept walking.

      We began to approach a pair of double doors at the end of a long corridor. "This is the place." Ashlie said, glancing at the piece of paper with the room number, and back at the door. "Kinda creepy, ain't it?" Jon asked. The doors were grey, and the windows were cloudy and you couldn't see through them. Ashlie walked up to the door. She breathed out loudly, "Let's hope she's in here." Ashlie hoped allowed. She then knocked on the door. There was no answer, and Ashlie looked slightly concerned. She then knocked again, but this time a blurry silhouette could be seen through the window, approaching quickly. There was a metallic clicking as the door unlocked, and it opened hesitantly to reveal a girl with dark hair, brown eyes, and she was wearing a shirt and jeans. Her brown eyes landed on Ashlie, "Ash! Come in!" She said quickly.

      Ashlie hurried into the room, and the others followed more hesitantly. As soon as they were all in the room, the brown eyed girl ran behind them and latched the doors shut, locking them tightly. She then turned around and looked at all of us. Ashlie stepped forward and stopped in front of the girl. "Myst!" She said happily, hugging the strange girl. The girl hugged back, "I'm glad you're okay, hun." The girl said, relief in her voice. "Wait, you two know each other?" I asked, and the two broke the hug. "Oh, yeah! This is Mystery Women. We go way back!" Ashlie said happily.

      "Mystery Women? What kind of name is that?" Tommy asked, and I elbowed him in the side for being rude. "What!? It's a weird name!" Tommy said loudly. "Tommy!" I snapped. "No, no, no, it's fine. I know it's a strange name." The girl admitted. "It's just what I go by." She finished. Tommy opened his mouth, but I glared at him, "Shut your trap or I'll bite you." I warned, and Tommy nodded in understanding. "Anyway M yst, this is Cory, Uni, Jon, Nick, and Tommy." Ashlie listed, gesturing towards us. Mystery Women nodded, "Welcome. Make yourselves at home." She said with a kind smile, then she looked at Ashlie. "Can I talk to you alone for a moment?" She asked Ashlie, and Ashlie nodded, and followed her into a far corner of the room. Then, for the first time I got a good look at the room that we were in.

      It was large, and there was book- shelves everywhere, filled with all different types of books. Though books were all over the floor aswell, as if they'd been thrown. There was another door at the other side of the room. There was also a couch, a small table, three small chairs, though one of them was sideways on the floor, and the other was on it's back. The couch had rips in it, and it had enough room for three people to sit on it comfortably.

     But the most noticable thing was her bed, which had restraints for her wrists, feet, and mid-section. There was a small bedside table beside it, and the drawer was opened. I didn't give much thought to the open drawer until Tommy elbowed me lightly in the side and pointed forward. I looked at where he was pointing, and I gasped quietly as I noticed the many empty pill bottles in the drawer. I looked closely, and they appeared to be medications for mental illnesses mostly. "Why would she need all those?" Uni wondered allowed. "Not sure..." I murmured, just then I heard Ashlie and Mystery Women coming back, we all turned around, and they were right behind us.

      "What were you guys looking at?" MW asked. "Oh, nothing!" Tommy said quickly. "Right...." Ashlie said skeptically. "Anyway." MW began, "Ashlie has explained to me your situation, and I'd be happy to let you stay with me for a few days." She said slowly. "Thanks!" Jon said happily. "But there's a condition." MW suddenly added. "What condition?" Cory asked. MW smiled, "Well...For the next few days I'll be teaching you how to battle these....Creatures. And after I believe that you are ready, you must leave." She explained. "So you're going to kick us out?" I asked. "Well....Technically....I mean, you'll be able to defend yourselves."

      "But what would that do for us?" Tommy asked. "You'd be ridding of the creatures in this terrible place." MW explained. "Why would we do that? The only thing we've been ever been treated as here is insane physchopaths...So why would we help this place?" Uni questioned. MW sighed, "You wouldn't just be saving the Asylum, you'd possibly be saving the world." She said with a smile. "But they think we're insane...Once we ridded the place of the creatures, they'd just lock us, and maybe other survivors, up again." I retorted. MW sighed, "Insanity and Sanity are just opinions. To me, we are all sane, they are the insane ones. But to them, it’s the opposite. I help people blend in. That’s how they are able to get out of this terrible place." Jon eyes widened, "You've helped people get out of here?" He questioned in surprise. MW smiled and nodded, "Yes, but That's a story for another time...Let's stay on topic." She reminded him. Cory nodded, "What exactly can you tell us about the creatures?"

A/N ooh, update! And a new character, WOW! And I'd like to thank TheEmeraldCat for letting me use her OC!! And as always, I HOPE YOU HAVE A SUPERCALIFRAGILISYICEXPLIALIDOCIOUS DAY!! AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!