(10) Cannibalistic Orgins

Jon's POV
      I was chatting with the others when the door suddenly opened and MW walked in with Tommy. Tommy looked a little embarrassed as he walked into the room and stood next to Nick. MW looked at a of us, then her eyes landed on me. She smiled, "Your turn." She said, and I hesitantly walked towards her. She smiled kindly and began walking down the hall. I followed her quickly down the hall, and we soon arrived at a room, which she walked into and sat on a chest across from the bed. I walked in, cracking the door closed behind me and I sat on the bed across from her.

       She cleared her throat, then she began, "So, Jon, why are you here?" She began. I looked down, "I'm a cannibal." I said simply. She seemed hesitant to answer, but then she smiled softly. "I suppose that isn't TOO bad." She said comfortingly. I shrugged, "Compared to some people here, it seems like nothing." I replied quietly. She cleared her throat again, "So Jon, do you have any fears?" She questioned. I thought for a moment, "I'm scared of the dark, and being alone..." I murmured. She nodded in understanding, "Why the dark?" She questioned.

       I hesitated, "Well, when I was younger..." I trailed off, and it took me a moment to realize how close I was to crying at the thought of my bitter past. MW gave me a sympathetic look, noticing my emotions. She thought for a moment, then she spoke, "Why loneliness?" She questioned. I was quiet for a moment, "I was alone for awhile when I was younger, and it was....Traumatizing, to say the least." I said simply. MW nodded, "I'm sorry to hear that..." She said sympathetically. She opened her mouth to ask something, but she seemed hesitant to ask it. Then she asked the question that I had been dreading.

       "What caused these cannibalistic habits?" She questioned, and I stiffened. "W-what do you mean?" I questioned, playing dumb. She looked let in the eyes, and I felt her gaze pierce my soul. "You know, how did you become a cannibal?" She questioned. As I thought about the answer to the question, I felt a warm liquid drip down my cheeks, and I was surprised when I realized that I was crying. MW noticed this immediantly, and she gasped, "Oh Jon, I'm so sorry, is that a sensitive subject?" She asked worriedly. I nodded a bit, "You don't have to tell mean if you don't feel comfortable-" She began, but I cut her off. "No, I want to tell you..." I said softly, "I've never told anyone before..." I whispered. She nodded in understanding, "Are you sure?" She questioned, and I nodded. She leaned back, "Take all the time you need..." She said comfortingly. I nodded, taking a deep breath before beginning. "It all started when I was 9, and I still lived with my parents..."

*Flashback*
      (This is gonna be really messed up and kinda gross, so if you don't like that kind of stuff, then skip the italics...And don't say I didn't warn you...)
I stood by the stove with my mother, she was showing how to cook the most perfect cookies that I had ever tasted. I was none, and my parents were very popular around the town, mainly for their excellent dishes, and the small restaurant that they owned downtown. It was called, 'The Jesters Hat'. My parents always told me that one day the restaurant would be mine, and I was SO excited. I LOVE cooking! My mom looked down at me with a soft smile, "Okay my little jester, now you take the cookies out of the stove." She exclaimed, and I nodded in understanding, grabbing my oversized ovenmits and putting them on. My mother opened the oven, and I reached in, pulling out a tray of fresh, steaming cookies. I smiled as I smelled their sweet smell, and my mother giggled at my delighted expression.

      I sat the cookies on the counter to cool, then I heard the front door open. I looked and my father walked in, he sniffed the air and an excited grin spread across his face. "I smell cookies!" He exclaimed, and I giggled. He joined my mother and I in the kitchen, and as he walked past me, he ruffled my green hair, making me giggle. He walked to my mother and kissed her on the lips, then looked at the cookies. "Ooh, those look amazing!" He exclaimed. I smiled, "Jon helped mean make them." My mother said, making me smile brighter. My dad looked at meeting proudly, "You're getying better at cooking! Keep it up!" He said. I smiled, nodding. My mother smiled brightly at us, then she glanced at the cookies. "Let's let these cool down." She said, and she began walking out if the kitchen, and I nodded, following her. She walked to the living room of our small, brick home and sat down on our small couch. I sat next to her, and my dad sat next to me.