(27) The End: Part 1

Tommy's POV
When the announcement ended, we were all stunned to silence. Uni...How did he...? I wondered, but my thoughts were cut off as Cory quickly turned to face all of us. "We have to got save him!" He exclaimed, almost pleadingly. Nick shook his head, "Cory, we can't...It's obviously a trap. Going there will most likely cost us our lives..." Nick sighed, "Yeah, Carl." I agreed, earning a glare from the boy. He bared his teeth, looking back at Nick, and stepping towards him. "We can't leave him there too die....Again!" Cory snapped at Nick.

"We owe him! After what happened before, he deserves to be saved, at least once!" Cory continued, "Can't you see the perfection of this moment!?" He exclaimed. "Cory, I understand what you're thinking, but I honestly believe you're missing the point! If we do this, we're going to die! All of this is just one big plan, one big trap!" Nick argued. "But wouldn't it be worth it!?" Cory retorted. "One life for six? Absolutely not!" Nick snarled back. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Ashlie and Dawn trade off Jon again, then Dawn stood up, and I watched him curiously.

"If I may intrude..." Dawn said, getting their attention. They both looked at him, and Dawn spoke. "I honestly believe that either way, we aren't getting out of here...Not alive, at least. Maybe in a body bag.." Dawn sighed, looking down. "But tell me..." He looked back up, determination burning in his brown gaze. "Would you rather die, cowardly trying to survive an unsurvivable situation...Or would you rather die fighting to save someone you care about?" Dawn questioned. "Because I'd much rather risk my life trying to save him, then dying a stupid death, like fighting a creature, all in vein." Dawn admitted.

We all looked at each other, then I heard a cough, and a familiar, now scaratchy voice, croak, "I-I agree with Dawn..." I looked over, seeing Jon look at us, blood still dripping from his mouth. He cracked a smile, "I think I'm gonna die anyway," He began harshly coughing, "S-So what's there to lose...?" He croaked after a moment. We all glanced at each other sadly, and I forced a smile, "Good point, worm! I don't think I'm going to make it outta here...So why not?" I questioned.

Nick laughed quietly, "You've got me sold..." He admitted. Ashlie smiled, "Same here!" She exclaimed. We all looked at Cory, who cracked a small smile, "Let's get going..." He said, and we all smiled a bit brighter. Ashlie and Dawn helped Jon ti hus feet, and we all began walking quickly through the dark corridors, our 20 minutes running out fast. When we finally found the door to the large lab, we stopped walking. I turned to the others, smiling, "It's been an honor..." I admitted. The others smiled sadly aswell, "True that." Cory admitted, and I nodded. "See you on the other side..." Nick sighed.

Then, Cory and I each grabbed one of the double doors. "3...2...1!" We counted down, before quickly bursting through the doors. The large lab was completely dark, all lights off. We slowly walked into the room, looking around, trying too see through the darkness. I squinted, making out a few shapes in the darkness, but nothing too recognizable. Then, suddenly the door behind us slammed, making us jump, and leaving us in the pitch black darkness. I heard Jon whimper behind me, and I bared my teeth defensively. "Welcome! I've been expecting you..." A familiar voice purred.

Then, the lights turned on, making us all flinch, being blinded for a moment. I blinked my eyes a few time, allowing them to adjust too the light, then my eyes widened at the sight in front of us. All along the walls of the large room stood what looked like hundreds of creatures. It was as if he'd gathered all of the remaining creatures into this one room. And on a stage that sat aginst the wall across from us, which I could only guess was for presentations, stood Ross. Though, this time, he didn't stand alone.

Farther behind him, stood a row of protective creatures, but that wasn't what I was looking at. Right behind him, standing weakly and on the verge of collapse, was Uni. He had a collar on, which was connected to a leather leash that Dr. Ross held tightly. The weak looking boy swayed lightly on his feet, and dry blood stained his face and skin, and he weakly held his arm that had the bite. His eyes looked in our direction, having a sad, yet pleading look in them. Cory stepped forward from his place beside me, "Uni!" He screamed, almost sounding relieved.

Ross smirked, "I'm happy you guys could make it!" He said with a forced-sounding enthusiasm. "Though, part of me belived that you'd be smart enough to know this was a trap..." He shrugged, "No bother, it's easier to end it here anyway." He admitted. I looked back at Uni, noticing the fresh tears streaming down his face, and the melancholy look that seemed to have completly swallowed up his expression. Cory seemed too notice aswell, because not even a minute later, "What did you do too him!?" Cory exclaimed angrily.

Ross smirked, "Nothing. I merely saved him from that dreadful disease." Ross said, "Though, in the process, it seems that I have cured his schitzaphrania." He explained. I felt my heart drop in my chest. We all knew how close Uni was too his peraonalities, and losing them was probably like losing a familiy member. Cory pulled out his knife, "I'll kill you!" He snarled. Ross smiled insanely, "Not if I kill you first!" He exclaimed triumphantly. He then snapped his fingers, and all the creatures looked at us. I tensed as the creatures looked at us hungrily, "Now, let's begin, shall we?" Ross purred questioningly, and I carefully pulled out my weapon, taking in a deep breath.

A/N This is The End: Part 1, so now the climax begins! I understand this book has been kinda boring, and I sincerly apologize for that, and I hope that these last few chapters will make up for that! And as always, I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY, AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!