(11) First Blood

Just a reminder, the fanart competion ends on May 18th! So if you have entries, plz send them in!
-----------------------------------------------------------
                             Jons POV
      MW stared at me with a surprised look, as if she was lost for words. I felt tears streaming down my face as the painful memories were resurfaced. "I know....I'm a monster...." I murmured, letting out a small sob. "I-It was all m-my fault...I could've...I-I could've..." I trailed off with another sob. I suddenly felt a soft hand in my shoulder, and I looked forward to see MW smiling at me sympathetically. "You aren't a monster." She said quietly. I scoffed through tears, "Of course I am! I'm just an insane monster, who deserves to burn for what I've done!" I announced through my sadness and guilt.

       MW frowned, "You aren't Insane, Jon." She said softly. I looked deeply at her, tears still running down my cheeks, "Then what am I?" I questioned hopelessly. "You're broken, shattered even...But like a shattered mirror, with enough care and paitence, you can be fixed...You'll never be the same again, but you'll be close enough. Your cracks are what make you unique, Jon...They differentiate you from other mirrors, they are there own unique piece of art, remember that." She spoke with a soft, understanding tone.

     I smiled a bit, wiping the tears off my cheeks. MW stood up from the chest she sat on, and began walking towards the door, "We should head back now, I still need to talk to Nick today." I nodded standing up and following her out of the door. "Ya know, I was think about your name earlier, and you know what I realised?" I said. "What's that?" MW questioned with a smile. "MW could also stand for Miracle Worker." I said with a soft smile. MW giggled, "That's an interesting thought." She said quietly. We arrived back at the room, and MW took Nick out to the other room for the same questioning that she'd just given the rest of us.

                          Nicks POV
      I sat on a bed across from MW, and she began to question me. "So, Nick, why are you in here?" She began. I shrugged, "Because I have strange dietary urges, and strange thoughts." I said. She opened her mouth to question me, but I cut her off. "To sum it up...I like blood, and I have vampire-like habits." I explained. "I can't help it though, it just kinda happens..." I added. MW seemed to think for a moment, "How long have you been here, Nick?" She questioned.

     I thought for a moment, counting on my fingers. "I've been in here...11 years..." I said airily, not realizing how long it's been. "And how old are you now?" She pressed. "19, almost 20." I answered. She nodded slowly, "Interesting..." She glanced at my wrists, "And those cuts, self harm, I'm guessing...?" She said, and I stiffened, putting my hands over my cut up wrists. "Wow, way to assume things..." I growled. Her eyes flashed with guilt for a single moment, "Oh, I didn't mean to be rude, I just-" I cut her off.

      "No, no, they are self harm.." I said softly, clenching my hands tighter on the scars. "What made you want to do such things?" She questioned. I looked down in embarassment, "When I was younger...I started getting urges...Urges for blood...So, when I couldn't get it from other things, I got it from myself." I said slowly. I checked my bottom lip at the thought of what I'd done. "Oh, that's unfortunate to hear." She said quietly. I shrugged, "It's just my life, nothing too abnormal for me." I said simply.

      MW smiled sadly at me, "If you don't mind me asking...Where did you first try blood?" She questioned. I glanced at her, then I looked back at the ground thoughtfully. The past was a blurr of blood, loss, and pain. My mind went back to when I was 7, and I had my first drink of blood. "Well, I was seven..."
            *flashback!*
      I was playing in my back yard with my older brother and my closest friend. Our parents sat by my back door, talking and watching us. "Dude, look! I found a dead chipmunk!" My friend whisper-yelled to my brother and I. We looked at each other, "Nick, Brendon! Come look!" He said, gesturing for us to go towards him. I walked forward, and my brother followed. I stopped beside my friend, seeing a rather large chipmunk laying on the ground, covered in blood. "Marcus, That's disgusting." Brendon, the only eight year old, the oldest, said bitterly. I looked down at it in awe, and elbowed my brother. "Brandon, it's cool!" I argued. "Well, maybe a little...Just don't touch it!" He warned.

      "What, why?" Marcus questioned. Brendon glared at him, "It could have diseases or something!" Brendon snapped. "Since when do you care about diseases?" I questioned. "Since it possibly endangered you losers lives." Brendon said harshly. "Pft, You're just too chicken." Marcus teased. "Am not!" Brendon argued. "Are too." Brendon rolled his eyes, "Whatever. You idiots can touch the dead chipmunk, I don't care!" He snapped, turning around and beggining to walk away. "Have fun
with your diseases!" He called behind him. "Heh, I knew he was to chicken." Marcus scoffed.

     "Uh, Marcus...Do you think we'll really get diseases if we touch it...?" I asked nervously. Marcus scoffed, and looked at me, "Seriously, Nick? You believe what he said?" He questioned, and I looked away in slight embarrassment. "Wow...Dude, DON'T believe him! That's just a stupid older brother lie! He just wants to take away our fun!" Marcus explained. "Really?" I questioned, and Marcus nodded. Marcus then glanced from the chipmunk to me and smirked. "I dare you to drink it's blood!" He suddenly exclaimed. "W-What!?" I exclaimed. "I double-dog dare you!" He snapped happily. "What!? No!" I screamed fearfully. Marcus shook his finger at me, "Uh, Uh, Uh, you know the dare rules." He snapped. I stared at him pleadingly, then I sighed in defeat.

     I looked down at the chipmunk in disgust. I took in a deep breath, and kneeled down by the corpse. I cupped my hands, and slowly lowered them into the small creatures blood. I saw Marcus flinch as the blood filled my cupped hands. "Do I have too?" I questioned. "Yes!" Marcus exclaimed, and I sighed. I slowly brought the blodd up yo my lips, and slowly began to slurp the metallic tasting liquid. Once it was all gone, I was relieved, and I gagged. Blood stained my lips, hands, and teeth. Marcus laughed, "How was it? Nicholas?" He questioned with a smirk. I hesitantly licked the blood off of my hands to destroy the evidence. "It wasn't THAT bad..." I murmured. "Eeewww!!! Nick That's gross!" Marcus laughed, and I rolled my eyes. "Whatever...Can we go and play now?" I questioned, and Marcus nodded excitedly.

      A few hours later, a was chasing Marcus and Brendon around in a game of tag. Brendon still didn't know what I'd done a few hours before, but it didn't bother me. I was in hit pursuit of Brendon, when suddenly agony exploded in my stomach, I gasped, sliding to my knees. Brendon glanced at me with a smirk, and kept running. Tears brimmed in my eyes as I gripped my stomach tightly, pain spiking painfully in it. Marcus slowly approached my side, "Nick? Are you okay?" He questioned. I opened my mouth to answer, but before the words were able to come out, barf began to run out of my mouth instead. I writhed on the ground barfing when I suddenly heard Marcus yell. "Brendon! Brendon come help!" He screamed. I opened my eyes and looked at Marcus through blurry vision. "I'm not falling for that tag trick!" Brendon called back. "NO, BRENDON! SOMETHING'S REALLY WRONG WITH NICK!" He pleaded, sounding like he was on the verge of tears. I heard footsteps approach quickly. "Oh my God! Nick! Marcus, what happened!?" Brendon questioned. My hearing faded out for some reason, and I squeezed my eyes closed. When my hearing came back, I heard Brendon screaming at Marcus, "You did WHAT!? I TOLD YOU NOT TO TOUCH IT!" He screamed. "I thought you were just joking with us!" Marcus screamed back, and I could tell he was crying. "Go get our moms!" Brendon ordered Marcus, and I heard his footsteps start running, and soon disappear. I felt two hands on my shoulders, and I slowly opened my eyes. Through blurry vision and tears, and saw Brendon kneeling across from me, a fearful expression on his face. "Nick!? Nick please, are you okay!?" He questioned frantically. I shook my head slowly, "B-Brendon...H-Hurts....Help...P-Please..." I croaked. "Marcus is getting help, I promise!" He said. I saw my vision darkening, and my eyes shut, and I suddenly felt myself fall forward a bit, falling onto a warm body. Brendon. "NICK!?" Was the last thing I heard before I passed  out.
                        *Flashback end*
     I sighed, "Yeah...And it turns out that the chipmunk had rabies AND salmonella..." I explained with an embarrassed laugh. "I got REALLY sick...And apparently it messed with my mind, and blood became a regular thing for me...And a year later, my mom sent me here...." I explained sadly.

A/N Wow...I just thought of that backstory off the top of my head LOL.
OKAY! Listen up art competition people! If have submitted fanart, please say so in the comments, because my Wattpad is a BUTT, and it doesn't tell me when someone mentions me, so PLZ sat so in the comments!  And as always...I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY/NIGHT, AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!