(18) Myst, No!

Unis POV
        As we followed Dawn down the long corridor to where he claimed the weapons were, conversation sparked. "Hey...How long have you guys been here?" Dawn questioned cautiously.  "I've only been here for, like, 3 or 4 years." Tommy admitted. "11 years.." I sighed. "10 years." Cory said simply.  "I think I've been in here for 10 years." Jon said thoughtfully. "Wait, wait, wait, hold up...You guys have been here for so long....Haven't they tried to..Ya know...Fix you?" Dawn questioned hesitantly. "I was declared 'incurable'. So they stopped trying a few years ago..." I admitted sadly. Damn monsters... I heard Ricky hiss.

     "Same." Nick and Jon said in unison. "They didn't care enough to try to cure me...I was labeled under 'dangerous', so they didn't even bother." Cory said bitterly. "That's horrible!" Dawn exclaimed, and Cory shrugged, "To these monsters, It's a matter of, 'once dangerous, always dangerous'." Cory said simply. "The same happened to me..." Ashlie said. "They just called me insane and never cared to even TRY to see if I could be 'cured'." Tommy hissed. Dawn sighed, "I would've tried everything I could..." Dawn murmured. Ashlie chuckled, "You sound like Myst." She said with a smile.

     We walked a few more minutes, before Cory said, "Hey, has anyone else noticed that there's like, NO creatures around here?" Cory questioned. Something's wrong... I heard Uni~Chan murmur. "I'm sure everything's fine, there's just less of them around here." I said to Cory, and Uni~C. Yeah, chill out, Uni~Chan. Duni agreed. I heard her sigh, I have a VERY bad feeling about this... She said quietly. Chill out, you have a bad feeling about EVERYTHING. Ricky said simply. Geez, sorry, I'm the motherly side, I have the instincts. She defended.

        And I'm the protective side, but I don't feel like he needs to be protected from EVERYTHING. Duni retorted. "Guys, just drop it." I whispered. "We're here." Dawn suddenly said, snapping me out of my mind. "Oh, cool." Cory said. I looked up, and saw that there was a metal door in front of us. It had a small window, and a door handle, but on the wall beside the door, there was a number pad. "Do you know the code?" Nick asked. "Of course I know the code." Dawn retorted. He looked at the number pad, then typed in a code.

      There was a moment of silence, then a red light flashed, and a very loud buzzing warning was released  from the numbered pad. We all flinched, That thing's gonna get us killed! Duni exclaimed. After a moment the buzzing stopped, and the red light disappeared, leaving us all glaring at Dawn. "I thought you said you knew it!" Tommy exclaimed. "I do! I was ONE digit off!" Dawn defended. Cory sighed heavily, "Just put the code in..." He groaned. Dawn huffed, then typed the code in again, and after a moment, a green light glowed, and a small beep was heard. Dawn quickly grabbed the handle and twisted it, opening the door.

      Dawn smiled triumphantly, "Yay, you did it, finally!" Jon joked. Dawn chuckled, "Let's just go in." He said walking into the room. We all followed, the door shutting heavily behind us. I looked around, and was suprised when I saw many melee weapons hanging on the walls. "No guns?" Cory questioned as he looked around. "Yeah...The Artillery room is somewhere else, but I wasn't given the password to that one..." Dawn admitted. Tommy grabbed a machete off the wall, "These weapons are pretty righteous." Tommy said with a bright smile.

       I looked at the wall for a moment, before picking a hatchet from the wall. Good pick. Ricky approved. Yeah. Duni said. I smiled a bit, and looked around. Cory had picked a bigger knife, Tommy a machete, Jon a knife, Nick a hatchet, Ashlie also had a hatchet, and Dawn had a hatchet. "Cool, now we have weapons." Cory said with a smile, looking down at his new knife. "Yeah, and we should be getting back to Myst now." Tommy said. "She'll be happy that we ACTUALLY found weapons this time." Nick joked.

     Dawn smiled, but then he seemed to realize something. "Oh, wait!" He said. Walking over to a chest in the back of the room. He opened it, pulled a few things out, then shut the chest, looking back at us. He handed everyone except Tommy one of the objects. "Tommy, you don't need one, you have trenchcoat pockets." Dawn said. "What are they?" Ashlie asked, looking at what she was holding. I looked at mine aswell, it was made in leather, and it was long, and it had a pocket on it that hung down. "It's a weapon holder." He explained, "You tie it around your waist like this," Dawn demonstrated, "And it holds your weapon for you." Dawn said.

                     Ashlie's POV
      We all tied the holders around our waists, and slid our weapons into the pocket. I smiled at the fact I didn't have to carry it anymore. "Let's go." Dawn said, walking to the door and typing in the code. The door beeped, and Dawn opened it, letting us out. As we walked down the hall, chatting casually, we were cut off by something very unpleasant. A very familiar scream, in a very familiar voice. "Myst! No!" I screamed, and began booking it down the hall.

       When I arrived at the hall that Myst's room was, I stopped dead in my tracks, and I heard the others do the same. Pouring into Mysts room, was what seemed like hundred of the creatures. They were also all around the outside of her room, surrounding the whole area. "MY-" I started, but I felt a hand being pressed against my mouth, and pulling me to an area what the hallway turned, where the creatures were out of sight. I immediantly bit the hand, which made them release me, then a turned to them.

     It was Tommy, he was rubbing his hand. I shoved him back, making him push into Nick and Jon. "DON'T. TOUCH. ME!" I screamed, tears running down my cheeks. "Shh! They'll find us!" Cory whisper-yelled. "We have to go find Myst! We have to save her!" I argued. "Are you insane!? We can't fight all those things!" Cory argued back. "Ashlie, listen, Myst is probably already gone..." Nick said more softly. I looked at him, "W-What!? She's not! She can't be!" I argued back. "We have to get out of this area, they'll find us..." Dawn said.

     "I'm not leaving her!" I screamed. I gripped my hatchet handle and turned around. "I won't leave her!" I screamed. I began to run out of the hallway, running towards the creatures, but I heard someone running after me. Then, suddenly someone put their hand tightly over my mouth and wrapped their arm tightly around me. He began dragging me back, and I kicked and fought, and let out muffled screams. "I'm not letting you die." Unis voice hissed. Tears streamed down my face as I fought to get out, then I began biting at his hand, but he didn't release me. I ripped at his hand with my strong teeth, but he didn't even flinch. And after a few minutes, I tasted blood. His blood. But I still didn't stop ripping at him, I couldn't stop my uncontrollable rage and grief, as he dragged me away.  Away from danger. Away from Myst...

A/N Well, that was kinda intense. I plan on this book getting kinda serious soon....Seriously awesome! And as always, I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY. AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!