(26) Something You Might Want

This song has no significance to the chapter, it just kinda reminds me of the book a little bit lol, enjoy the chapter!                     
                     Ashlie's POV
       I sat on my knees, tears running silently down my face. I held Jon in my lap carefully. I had to be cautious of where his head was leaning, because a thin stream of blood ran from his mouth, and I didn't want him to choke. I glanced around, seeing that Cory was curled into a ball, leaning against the wall, shaking rapidly. Tommy sat next to him, patting his shoulder softly, a solemn look on his face. While Nick and Dawn stood nearby, discussing our next move thoroughly. It seems that Dawn is much smarter than we originally anticipated, and he's supposedly great with technology.

     I sighed, looking down at Jon. He looked peaceful, all except for the blood that ran out of his mouth, creating a puddle of blood on the ground. He was breathing very shallow, which worried me. It had surprised me how fast things had turned for us. First Myst died, then Uni died, then Cory nearly killed us, and now Jon might be....Dying...All in one day, or so it seemed. I clenched my teeth, more tears dripping down my face. One of my tears splashed in Jon's cheek, and I smiled slightly,  wiping the tear off his soft face.

         I had loved Jon, I really had....And if he dies here, I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for not telling him. I let out a soft sob, hugging him closer to me. I love you, I love you, I love you... I thought repetitively. Then, I brought my lips close to his ear, "I love you, JonJon...Please keep fighting...For us..." I whispered, my voice cracking in sadness. I looked at Jon sadly, but he still didn't move, my eyes trailed to the ground. Then, Dawn and Nick got everyone's attention.

        Well, everyone as in Tommy and I. Cory was still curled into a ball, and Jon was still in bad condition. "Okay, guys, we've been deciding our next move, but it's kinda hard, since two out of six of us are....Out of commission..." Nick said, glancing at Jon and Cory. "But, we've decided that we're going to have to keep moving. We're being watched, which means things are a little more dangerous now." Dawn explained. "But...Jon's hurt..." I commented quietly. Nick nodded, "We know, and I'll be carrying him. But don't worry, I'll make sure he won't choke on his own blood..." Nick said quietly.

      I nodded slowly, "Alright...." I murmured. "What about Cory?" Tommy said, gesturing to him. Nick and Dawn glanced at each other. Then Nick walked over and knelt infront of Cory. He lightly touched his arm, but Cory pulled it away. Nick sighed, "Cory...We need to keep moving..." Nick said, his voice soft yet strict. Cory shifted a bit, "Leaving without me..." He said quietly, still not showing his face. Nick stiffened, "Cory, we'd never do that!" He exclaimed.

       "Then you're a fool..." Cory hissed. "What?" Tommy asked. Cory lifted his head quickly, his teeth bared, "I'm dangerous! Can't you guys see that!? I was gonna kill you guys! I'm too  unstable to be around people..." He sighed, looking at the ground. Tommy wrapped his arms around Cory, hugging him, "Untrue, Carl. You're one of us, and no matter what happens, that won't change..." He said roughly. Cory let out a shaky breath, "P-please..." He stuttered. Then I realized something.

      After all these days that he always talked about how he never really cared that he killed people, and how he wasn't guilty...All of that was a lie. He was guilty about what he'd done,  and after all these years in the asylum, he'd had plently of time to reflect on the mistakes he'd made. "Dawn..." I whispered, and Dawn looked at me, "Can you hold him for me...?" I questioned, looking down at Jon. Dawn nodded, "Yeah.." He agreed, and we carefully traded spots. I got up, walking over to Cory. Nick glanced at me, and moved from the spot infront of him, and I smiled thankfully, and kneeled in front of Cory.

      I met eyes with the boy, and frowned. "Cory...I know you're guilty...And scared...But you have to listen to me." I said. "I'm not guilty..." He mumbled, but I ignored him. "We've all done bad things...We've all made mistakes, some more unforgivable than others...But we can't let those simple mistakes define us. Maybe we've hurt people," I said, gesturing to myself, "Killed people," I gestured to him, "Drank peoples blood, or eaten people," I said, gesturing towards Nick and Jon, "Ir maybe even chased people with a dangerous weapon," Tommy looked down guiltily, "But that doesn't make us terrible people, we're just misunderstood...." I explained, then I stood up, and outstretched my hand to him, "Everyone is special in their own way...But just because you make mistakes, doesn't mean you're going to be abandoned. You're only human, after all." I said. He hesitated, but then smiled, grabbing my hand, and I pulled him up.

       "Good speech, Ash." Cory saud with a soft smile. "Tha-" I began, but I was cut off by a strange sound. It was a hugh-pitch sound that echoed through the air, then faded to static. Then, I heard something I didn't expect. "Greetings, survivors." A voice said from the intercom. "Ross!" Cory snarled, and I heard him chuckle. "You honestly made it farther than I expected..." He admitted, "But, now is where your journey ends." He said, "What do you mean!?" Cory yelled. "Hehe...You ALL will meet me in the largest lab in 20 minutes." He said.

      "And why would we do that!?" Tommy questioned, making the deranged doctor laugh. "I figured you'd say something like that...But I have something you might want..." He purred. We were all silent in curiousity as we heard what sounded like some sort of struggle, and chains clacking from the other side of the intercom. Then, my heart fluttered as a familiar voice spoke over the intercom, "Guys! Don't come! He's going too-" Uni's voice was cut off with the sound of satic. "See you in 20 minutes..." Ross said triumphantly before the intercom suddenly shut down.

A/N So, if I time this correctly, there should only be 2 or 3 chapters left, and most, probably. But anyway, I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY! AND GOODBYE PEEPS!!!