senior trip

teacher : today will be the senior class trip to Maine where you will learn about the farm animals and wildlife .

shark : how will we get there we're in Canada .

teacher : we rounded up enough funding to rent a tour bus .

shark : how long will we be staying . and where will we be staying .

teacher : we will be staying for two weeks . tonight go home pack as much things as you need and meet up with the rest of the class in room 432 . and when we arrive i Maine a farmer has allowed us to stay in his house since there are only a chosen few .

shark : okay .

---------------------------------------------------------------

* shark * 

 moose , Nathan and a few other classmates packed up all our luggage into the rented tour bus .  the note sabre put into my locker fell out of my back pac . the green ink still proudly saying the words " i love you " . i got into the bus and sat alone next to a window . staring out into the vast roads of houses and cars parked on street slowly change into a endless sea of cars as we switched to the highway . i thought about the time sabre said he never liked the city . too much noise . the ambient noise of the road put me to sleep .

moose : hey  shark wake up we stopped at a rest stop to buy snacks and stretch our legs do you want anything .

shark : no , unless they have animal crackers .

moose : i'll go check .

shark : thanks .

moose : they have animal crackers i bought a big box of them . it should lat the entire trip .

shark : thanks man .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* shark *

 after almost seven hours of being in the tour bus . we finally pulled up to a large white farm house . with miles of golden wheat and a pasture of dairy cows and a hen house full of chickens . the house itself was the best house i have ever seen .the owner of the farm came out of the house and brought us inside i saw someone quickly run out of the kitchen as we past through .

farmer : sorry about that . my son is a bit shy . he just got back from the city . anyway the bedrooms are this way . you can choose any of these doors except the green painted one that is jaun my son's room . you may go explore the farm now if you choose to . if you find jaun tell him our calf Rosie need to be brushed .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* sabre * 

 i was watering the cows after i milked them . then went to brush the youngest and newest of the herd our newborn calf Rosie . my dad was helping the tour group find the bedrooms . after i brushed Rosie i went to feed the horses . the hay bale was gone from the barn it was time i replaced it . i went behind the barn across the field to a large pile of hay bales that stretched for miles . i picked up a big bale and walked to the barn hearing the horses . whinnying and  making noise . one of the tour group must have come in to see the horses . i put the hay bale down straw was stuck to my clothes and was in my hair and mud was on my face .i looked to see the person and saw my Andrew .

shark : sabre !?

sabre : wait you're here .

shark : why are you here .

sabre : this is my farm i live here .

shark : i can't believe i get to see you again .

sabre : i missed you .

shark : i missed out on all of the rooms when i chose to come down here . it was worth it though .

sabre : you can stay in my brother's old room .what are you staring at .

shark : your eyes .

sabre : its nothing . i was kicked in the head by an angry cow . we sold her yesterday . something you didn't know about me . i wear colored contacts,

shark : why your eyes are perfect .

sabre : corrective lenses .

Joseph : jaun the bull needs hay !

sabre : hey i have to finish my chores . i'll see you at sun down .

Joseph : jaun now !

--------------------------------------------

* sabre * 

 the stars surrounded us . i was teaching Andrew how to dance . he stepped on my foot multiple times , but always apologized . i had my left arm on his waist and my right on his shoulder . we learned together by the music of the quiet country night . crickets , owls , the nearby creek full of frogs and the stage lights of lightning bugs .

shark : i wish we could do this more often .

sabre : here its left foot then right . then back again . easy i'll show you .

shark : i'm going to miss this . when i leave .

sabre : who says you have to .

shark : no one ..