the last day

principal : attention students the pep rally will be held tonight at six .

-----------------------------------

* shark * 

 sabre took my hand and we snuck down the bleachers and went under them the door leading to the locker room was open so wen went in . locked the door and made sure everyone was out of there . Sabre i pulled each other close and nearly fell on top of each other when we got onto the bench . we were there the entire pep rally . we stopped when we heard the bell ring . quickly getting up and running out of the locker room and into our car driving home . we never really liked pep rallies anyway . besides it was the last day before spring break .

------------------------------------------------------------

at a spring break party .

* shark * 

 where we live the legal drinking age is eighteen . me and sabre are nineteen. we went to a party at a friend's house and  . both had a few drinks .my mind was fogged up and sabre was leading me to our car we locked the car doors and laid in the back sabre falling on top of me . kissing me . 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* moose * 

 i was the only one at the party who didn't drink . i was walking past shark and Sabre's car the shocks were bouncing up and down and the windows were fogged up . i could barely make out their shadows in the car . i knew what they were doing and went right back in the house giving them some privacy .

------------------------------

* shark * 

 i woke up with sabre next to me . our shirts were in the front seat and we weren't dressed . i had a killing headache . i shouldn't have drank that much . i carefully got dressed in the car . sabre was dressing as well our windows had condensation from the hot interior and the cold outside . none of us were fit to drive and we knew moose would be still here . we got out of the car and stumbled into the house . moose playing mine craft on his phone .

moose : let me guess i drive ?

sabre : yep .

moose : hopefully the shocks in the car aren't out yet .

shark : the sun is too bright .

sabre : i want to sleep .

moose : then pass out in the car .

--------------------------------

* sabre * 

 it was half past non when the headaches subsided for me . Andrew was still passed out on the bed . i went into the kitchen to see Nathan and moose eating lunch .

Nathan : its almost one . 

sabre : i'm aware .

moose : how's the hangover .

 sabre : i'm gonna throw something at you .

Nathan : anyway i have to go . mogi will be back in an hour he went to " visit " cyclone .

moose : bye frog .

Nathan : bye moose .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sabre : zak . what why are you here .

zak : i wanted to see my old friend again . i heard you were in the hospital so . i came to visit .

sabre : is Ariel here to .

zak : no he couldn't make it . he had to work .

shark : sabre who is it .

sabre : its zak . my old friend .

shark : hi zak its nice to meet you .

zak : its nice to meet you to . listen sabre . i'm sorry to hear about your farm . if you need anything my family is always here to help .

sabre : whats wrong with my farm .

zak ; you don't know . your father passed away in his sleep and the landowners are selling the farm . unless you sign a paper saying you still own it .

sabre : is there a way i can e-mail them .

zak : yeah i have it written down .oh shoot . i'm sorry sabre it was nice seeing you again . i have to get back home Ariel is waiting for me .

sabre : bye zak .

----------------------------------three months later--------------

* sabre * 

 Andrew and i graduated from school and both have jobs . i work at a dance school where i teach kids how to dance and have fun with music . it doesn't pay much , but it reminds me of when Andrew learned how to dance with me . he still works at the flower shop . he brings home lilacs everyday . I've been saving up my paychecks for a birthday gift for him . today is the final day before my last paycheck and i'll be able to afford it . my students lined up against the wall boys on one side and girls on the other . they were going to learn how to slow dance . the girls paired up with the boys except for the few who danced with the same one of their line .the youngest two boys who danced together were best friends almost brothers . little Damien and William . they learn the quickest . although they are all thirteen and  fourteen years old they still learn a lot from the classes i teach . they all said goodbye to me after the class . Andrew came into the  room and danced with me .  just like the night at the farm where we learned together .

Andrew : you could have always gotten a job at the flower shop .

sabre : yeah i know i just need reminded of the best night . 

Andrew ; we need to go home sabre . 

sabre : we live next door to moose and Nathan's house .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* sabre * 

we got home late and made dinner then cleaned the dishes . i took our pit-bull jade for a walk . came home just after midnight . Andrew was asleep in the bedroom .  i put jade in her pen and climbed into the bed with Andrew . i love him so much . nothing is ever going to change it ...