Chapter 9: Take a Break

Namjoon had noticed the differences in behavior in three of his members.

Jungkook, Jimin and Taehyung.

Of course, everyone had been affected by your disappearance, but all had gone back to normal after your return.

All, except for, of course, the three maknaes.

They had all quietened down in behavior, acting less frivolous than usual. It seemed as if they had all mysteriously matured over night.

Jungkook's behavior was the weirdest of the three.

He would be somewhere doing something, completely engaged and concentrated at the task on hand. But the next second, he could care less. It was strange seeing the once determined, hard-working maknae be so lifeless.

Jungkook walked into the kitchen where Namjoon was sitting on the bar stool, sipping on a carton of banana milk.

"Hey, maknae. C'mere." He beckoned in English. Jungkook's eyebrows furrowed, but he walked over to sit beside Namjoon.

Stealing Namjoon's banana milk from him, he took a sip as he looked up at Namjoon, waiting for him to speak.

"Is anything wrong? I've noticed your behaviors been fluctuating slightly." Namjoon questioned, placing a hand on his chin as he leaned against the marble counter.

Jungkook's smile dropped, and he looked down at his feet. "I'm sorry hyung. I'll work harder." He mumbled sadly.

Namjoon's eyebrow rose, almost disappearing into his hair. "That's not what I meant." He said. "What I meant, was, is there anything going on that I should be aware of? I know I've been saying it a lot lately, but I mean what I say. You can trust me, Jungkook." He said comfortingly, as he placed a hand on Jungkook's back.

Jungkook sighed, setting down the milk. "Hyung," He started, examining his surroundings before leaning in and dropping his voice by several octaves.

He breathed in harshly before whispering. "I think I'm in love with Y/N."

Namjoon fell out of his chair.

-

After Jungkook picked Namjoon up off the ground, the two relocated the conversation in Namjoon's room.

Namjoon was in awe. Never did he ever think of you as an actual woman. He saw you as a little sister, a child almost.

It was strange to think that someone could actually harbor feelings for you. "So, what do I do?" Jungkook urged, taking a seat beside Namjoon on the bed.

"Maknae. I don't know. I-I have no experience with girls." Namjoon stammered innocently.

"But I'm sure you can give me some kind of advice." Jungkook insisted.

The maknae had confirmed his feelings for you last night. His jealousy raged when he saw you leaning into Taehyung while watching IU's performance. He hadn't been able to concentrate on anyone else. Not even the girl singing on stage. That was when he realized how much IU reminded him of you. Everything from the way she dressed, to her voice and passion when she sang. He had figured out that IU was just an admiration, but you were something totally different.

You were an obsession. An addiction.

-

You skipped into Yoongi's room cheerfully. After last night, you'd been in the best mood ever. You and Taehyung had reconciled from your silent period. The two of you had talked without end during the award show, talking about almost everything.