Chapter 19: Heartbreak

Jimin's heart pounded in his chest wildly as he laid back down in his bed.

After meeting Hana, the two of them talked like normal people, and he got her number.

They were meeting tomorrow, in private on the roof top.

He felt as if, in some way, he was cheating on you. But you were the one who insisted that the two of you should go slow. As selfish as it was, Jimin didn't want that. He wanted to feel loved, to feel wanted.

With a fluttering heart, he shut his eyes and fell asleep.

And for the first time in almost a year, he fell unconscious to the thought of someone else other than you.

-

Your head pounded as you woke up, which was strange because unless you had a hangover, your head usually never hurt immediately upon waking up.

It must've been from all the thinking last night.

You didn't know what to do about your kiss with Jungkook.

Should you tell your members, or keep it a secret?

Jungkook would most likely want to keep it private, but then again, you'd never hid anything from them.

They were your family. They knew everything about you, whether you wanted them to or not. That's what family is.

But you didn't want to tarnish Jungkook's relationship with Jimin.

The last thing you wanted was a cold atmosphere in the house, just as soon as everyone had made up and was happy.

So for now, you decided to keep it to yourself.

You walked into the kitchen, wrapped in a bundle of blankets, still warm from your body heat.

All the boys were already wide awake, conversing and eating with each other. Surprisingly, Jimin and Yoongi were awake before you, a rare occurrence.

Jimin's eyes seemed to sparkle as he laughed with Jin, clapping his hands together enthusiastically at something Jin had said.

You frowned, concerned. At something Jin had said. Jimin was laughing. It couldn't have been that funny. What had Jimin in such a good mood?

"Good morning, sunshine!" Namjoon cheered, handing you a mug of pomegranate juice, a creation you and Taehyung discovered one day, while fooling around in the kitchen together.

"How does it feel to be a year older? Anything different?" Hoseok asked, smiling widely at you.

You yawned widely, and shook your head, looking around tiredly. "You're so cute." Taehyung murmured, looking at you with crinkled eyes.

"No, feels the exact same." You answered, taking a sip of the cold drink.

"Well, you have some presents to open. We wanted to go in last night, but Yoongi wouldn't let us. He said you had to sleep, but I think it was because he wanted all the shine for himself." Jin complained, pushing you into the living room, where large boxes sat, covering almost all of the floor.

"Some ARMY's sent presents as well." Namjoon explained, as Jin sat you down on the center cushion, Jimin and Jungkook each taking a side next to you.

There were boxes and gift bags everywhere. Six presents sat on the center table, apart from the rest.

"These are from us." Hoseok smiled, handing you a small box. "Open mine first." He urged, watching you peel open the black box with expectant eyes.

You pushed back the top flap, to reveal a golden bottle. On top of it, sat a card. "What is this?" You murmured, picking up the small card and reading it aloud.