Chapter 10: Punishment

Jimin's jaw was taut as he drove through the bright streets of Seoul.

You watched him cautiously, careful not to say anything that would trigger him.

His knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel even tighter than before. He tried his hardest to concentrate on driving, but all he could see was red.

At this point, you were afraid that the leather would come undone underneath his hands.

Jimin was angry. Actually, angry was an understatement. He was furious.

Not at you. Not at Kyungsoo. Not even at Suho.

He was livid, at himself.

If he'd just made it a little earlier, you never would've kissed Suho. If he'd asked you to stay home, it may have never happened. If he hadn't been such a wuss, he could've asked you out already. But he always held back, putting his feelings after yours.

He didn't want you to feel uncomfortable.

You leaned back into the seat, unconsciously looking over at Jimin every once in a while to check if he was still breathing.

Jimin's heart twinged as he recalled the recent memory. How was it, that you seemed to care more about everyone other than him?

You were slowly starting to sober up from the serious tension in the car. Jimin was eerily silent, and you were almost positive that there was no blood pumping through his hands.

They were going to fall off his body any second now.

You remembered kissing Suho, but the fact hadn't completely registered yet.

You looked at the clock on the dashboard.

3:12.

You sighed guiltily, stealing a glance over at Jimin.

You felt bad. It was 3 in the morning, and you'd gotten so out of hand that Jimin had to come get you at the time he should've been fast asleep.

He must be exhausted.

"Jimin," You started, pushing out of your seat slightly, so you could look at Jimin's face. His face was grim, and his jaw was still clenched tightly.

"I'm sorry." You mumbled, looking down into your lap.

Jimin loosened at the sound of these words. It wasn't your fault. Nothing was your fault. You, you were perfect.

Jimin looked over at you, to see you looking down, and it broke his heart.

Without removing his eyes from the road, he extended an arm to you, and lifted your chin gently.

"It's not your fault Y/N. Don't worry." He said curtly, before dropping his hand and placing it back onto the steering wheel. Your heart ached at how brief Jimin was being.

It was clear that he was angry with you.

You turned to look out the window, watching the bright streets of Seoul fly past you.

-

Although you were sobered up, it didn't mean that the alcohol had completely left your system.

Leaning on Jimin, he pulled you along as you stumbled beside him.

Kicking open the door to your apartment, he struggled to pull you into the living room.

It was almost time for sunrise, and Jimin hadn't gotten an ounce of sleep because of you.

You felt guilty.

Jimin gently set you down on the couch, watching your head to make sure it didn't hit anything.