Chapter 11: Home Alone

After apologizing profusely to Suho for the last hour, you finally set down your phone, exhausted.

It had officially been decided that you were banned from drinking unless it was under proper surveillance by a trusted adult. In other words, no drinking unless Jin or Namjoon is there.

"Y/N, come get something to eat." Yoongi called, pulling your attention away from last night's festivities. Rising from the couch, you shuffled into the kitchen with a splitting headache.

Shoveling a pile of fries on your plate, you took a seat beside Jungkook. Yoongi took one look at your plate, and sent you a glare. "Protein and vegetables." He said, his voice muffled by the food in his mouth.

"Potatoes are veggies." You mumbled, but Yoongi remained unconvinced.

You sighed before placing a limp green bean on your plate. "Just cause they're fried doesn't mean they're not veggies." You grumbled as you sat back down, violently stabbing the green bean into parts.

Yoongi shook his head in disapproval but remained silent.

"We have a fan-sign tomorrow, right? Can Jimin and I come?" You asked, forking fries into your mouth.

Jungkook shrugged, shoving food into his mouth. Useless kid.

"Namjoon thinks you should come, he says it'll be better than not going. It'll look more suspicious or something like that. And Bang said whatever you and Jimin wanna do." Yoongi explained.

"I'll ask Jimin later tonight then." You mumbled, deep in thought.

Was it too early to go back into public? It probably wasn't. But you were scared. It was selfish, but you weren't prepared to face ARMY's after the dating rumors.

-

Jimin claimed he didn't want to go, but you could tell he was lying. It was clearly evident that he missed being with the boys and ARMY's.

But it would be shady if only you didn't show, so you chose to tag along just this once.

-

Jungkook had just gotten home from his private dance practice.

The poor kid looked exhausted. Sweat stained his clothes, and he had a pale sheen covering his face. It concerned you.

He stumbled into the living room, and fell onto the couch, leaning his head on the cushion. It seemed like he had trouble breathing.

You gently approached him, holding a bottle of cold water.

"You're not overworking yourself again, are you?" You asked with concern.

He let out a shaky breath, shaking his head as he held his eyes tightly shut.

You placed your hand on his thigh, and Jungkook let out an involuntary sigh of pleasure.

"Don't push yourself, Kookie." You murmured, handing him the water bottle.

Initially, Jungkook hadn't planned to fall for you this quickly. But without his notice, he had plummeted into his feelings. And he had no way out.

It seemed like every single thing you did drove him crazy. He missed you when you weren't around, and couldn't get enough of you when you were beside him.