Chapter 25: Moving On

The fire marshal deemed your old apartment unsafe for re-entry, so your managers were all on the search for a suitable apartment. But it wasn't as easy as you thought it would be.

It was now your second week at the hotel, which was fine with you, but you were starting to miss home.

You looked down at your hands, one bandaged, the other clean of wounds.

It had stopped hurting, and now, you just wanted the bandage off so you could itch the damn thing. But it was staying on for another week.

It made it really hard to shower, so Jin would wrap a plastic bag around it for you, so you could shower without getting the bandage wet.

"Y/N, look what we found." Hoseok whispered, poking his head into your room.

You looked up, raising an eyebrow.

"Yoongi found your ring at Hana's house," Hoseok paused, shuddering at the name of the horrific girl. You let out a small giggle at his unfailing capability of being the most extra human being on planet Earth. "And gold bottles don't melt as easily as I thought they did." Hoseok smiled, walking in to place the ring and perfume in your outstretched hand.

"Namjoon's jacket thingy is gone sadly and so is Taehyung's purse, but they're both getting you new ones. Uh, Jimin's gift is in good shape too, but we're getting it cleaned up." Hoseok explained.

"What about Jungkook's gift?" You asked, worried that the priceless gift had disappeared in the fire. Hoseok chuckled lightly. "That, would be, right here." He smiled, looping his finger around the golden chain that peeked out from under your shirt, pulling lightly.

You'd forgotten you had it on. It was almost like Jungkook had been with you through everything. It was like he helped you through the fire, and through your break up with Jimin. Although, the two of you were never officially dating. But it hurt just as much.

You felt sick to your stomach, recalling what you did last night. What was wrong with you?
Were you seriously using Jungkook as a rebound? And if you weren't, how could move on so quickly? You felt heartless, stupid, empty, broken and a whirlwind of other emotions.

"I need to get back to the studio, but I'll be back soon." Hoseok said, before patting your back and leaving.

You slipped the ring back onto your finger, a perfect fit.

Jungkook entered shortly after Hoseok took his leave. He was smiling wildly, but it quickly dropped after seeing your evident frown.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, gently, kneeling down in front of you and taking your hands into his.

He looked up at you in worry, afraid that you were going to leave him like you left Jimin.

"I don't know. I feel weird." You simply said, making Jungkook frown.

"Y/N. If you feel like I'm forcing you into this relationship, we don't need to do this." Jungkook whispered, tucking a piece of hair behind your ear tenderly.

You shook your head, sniffling lightly, "It's not you, Jungkook. I just, it feels like everything's changed." You whispered, and Jungkook's fingers ticked your skin and he cupped your cheek. You leaned into his touch, and he smiled up at you.

"Remember that I love you." He whispered, running his thumb under your eye, wiping away a drying tear, smiling ethereally up at you.

You smiled softly at him, before leaning over and hugging him tightly. He let out a soft laugh, and held you tighter to his chest, running his hand through your hair.