Chapter 22: Betrayal

"You have to believe me." You begged, gently caressing your bandaged hand.

"So, you're trying to say, Hana lit your room on fire?" Jin repeated hardly, frowning at you.

"I don't know Y/N. I know you don't like the girl, but come on. This is going too far." Hoseok added, crossing his arms.

"Please, you guys." You cried, in awe that they didn't believe you.

"I don't know, Y/N. You took in a lot of smoke." Namjoon said, concern etched across his face.

They thought you were being delusional.

"I know what I saw." You said firmly. Yoongi stayed quiet, impartial to the argument.

"I'm gone for twenty minutes and you set the whole damn house on fire." Jimin remarked nastily as he approached you, Hana trailing behind him.

"Y/N, we'll talk about this later." Taehyung reassured you, before walking away with Namjoon and Hoseok to talk to the fire marshal.

"Talk about what?" Jimin snapped, glaring at you.

"She thinks Hana was the one that set the apartment on fire." Jin said, upset at the obvious lie you were telling.

Jimin scoffed, crossing his arms, as he stared you down. "Are you kidding me? That's just going too far, Y/N. In all reality, you probably just left a candle on or something, and you're lying about it to get rid of Hana and your guilt." He sneered.

That hurt.

"But I saw her nail polish on my door handle." You tried to say, but Jimin shut you down.

"No. I'm tired of this. Y/N, just stop, okay? Stop trying to ruin everything. I was meeting Hana, so she has an alibi, and even if we weren't meeting, how the hell would she even get in our house?" Jimin asked, Hana smiling down at her feet.

"I don't know, but I'm positive that I saw her." You begged. "You truly are the most pathetic human being that I've ever met." Jimin spit out, before walking away with Hana.

Hana pulled out of Jimin's grasp and approached you. "I bet you're trying to blame everything on me so you look innocent. What's next? Are you gonna tell everyone I took the picture and sent the cardboard cutout too? And for the record, I don't even know where your stupid room is." She hissed, before turning away to walk with Jimin.

"Y/N," Jungkook started, but before he could get out another word, you broke out in a run, running far away from everyone.

Jungkook tried to follow after you, but quickly lost you after a few turns.

Jimin watched you run away sadly, as your appearance got smaller and smaller, until you were nothing but a small dot in the dark.

No one believed you.

And you'd never felt so abandoned before.

-

Yoongi frowned, the wheels in his brain clicking.

"How did Hana even know that Y/N had her own room? She's never seen the whole house before." He questioned.

"Hyung, every ARMY knows that we all have our own separate rooms now." Hoseok sighed, trying to call you again.

"I don't know. Somethings weird. Our Y/N would never lie." Yoongi murmured, shaking his head in denial.

Jungkook texted you for the hundredth time, praying for an answer.

"Jimin, I'm gonna say this once for the last time, so listen up. I don't think Y/N is lying. That girl ran back in the apartment without a second thought when she noticed you weren't standing out there with us. Jesus Christ, Jimin, she burned her hand trying to get you out." Yoongi said to Jimin who sat on the bed in their temporary hotel room.