Chapter 17: Rude

Jungkook's lips were still pressed firmly against your own.

They were soft, maybe even softer than Jimin's.

But you didn't know why you were comparing them. Jungkook wasn't a contestant for the game for your heart. He was your little brother, and he always would be.

Jungkook's hands were intoxicatingly skillful as he ran his fingers through your hair.

Widening your eyes, you finally processed what was happening.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing!?" You screamed, shoving Jungkook off you, though it didn't do much damage, the message got across, and he sat on the edge of your bed, breathing heavily.

"Sorry, Noona." He rasped out, sitting back, the white duvet sinking underneath the heavy pressure from the hand that supported his body.

"You can't just run around kissing people!" You exclaimed in disbelief, lightly running your finger over your lips gently.

"I know." Jungkook mumbled, lifting a shaking hand to tug on his hair. It was a bad habit of his, among the nasty habit of picking at his face when he felt awkward or nervous.

"Don't do that. You'll lose hair." You scolded, reaching over his body and detaching his hand from his scalp.

He nodded, and sat quietly, looking into his lap in guilt. Your anger faded away at his vulnerable, child-like state.

You took extra care to make your voice sound as light and easy as possible.

"Jungkook, you have to understand, you know how I feel about you. Please don't make me say it out loud." You begged, frowning at Jungkook's sudden smile.

But it wasn't his usual, happy smile. It was pained, forced. He was forcing himself to understand for your benefit. And that broke your heart.

"But I can't tell you how to feel. And I won't force you, because I know that you know that I love you. And it might not be in the same way that you care for me, but until I get my life back together, I hope that it'll be enough for you." You said softly, sympathetically looking at Jungkook, whose head was down, staring into his lap.

You were worried that he was angry with you, or upset about your response, but when his head lifted, he was grinning sheepishly.

"What is it?" You asked, furrowing your eyebrows.

His smile widened even further.

"What?" You repeated, getting freaked out.

"You said 'might not be in the same way.'"

"Shut up." You mumbled, hiding the reddening blush on your face. You were completely unaware of what you said.

"Shit." Jungkook mumbled, standing from his seat.

"What's wrong?" You asked, mirroring his actions and following him to his desk, where his camera was still flashing red.

"I forgot to turn the camera off. It recorded everything." He said, a steady string of curse words leaving his lips.

"Watch your language, Jeon." You warned, but feeling concerned as well, you leaned over him, helping him turn the camera off.

"We can just delete the video, and I can do a log another day." He mumbled, pressing a button as the flashing light died down.