[19_jealousy]

Wonwoo had been hanging around with minghao recently, offering to be his tutor, showing the new boy around and helping him settle down.

He and mingyu were back to normal again, or so he assumed. The other boy seemed a little off lately, and acted strangely whenever minghao was with them. One example was during lunch today.

Wonwoo was having lunch with mingyu, and minghao tagged along. It was all fine until mingyu asked if wonwoo could go bowling with him later. Wonwoo had declined, saying he needed to help minghao with his shooting training after lunch.

Wonwoo explained to mingyu that he was going to be minghao's tutor for the next few weeks so he could settle down more easily, so he would be busier than usual.

"Wow, this is the first time you've ever offered to help a newbie, wonwoo." mingyu commented, sarcasm spiking his tone. "Minghao, you're very lucky to have him."

Minghao laughed. "Really ? I'm honoured." he joked, failing to notice the spite in mingyu's voice.

Wonwoo cringed inwardly. Why was mingyu being like this ?

"Mingyu...?" wonwoo gave him a questioning look.

He ignored wonwoo and said, "I'll get going, you two have fun !" and left to return his tray.

Wonwoo noticed that mingyu didn't even finish his food. He frowned. Mingyu never throws food away. Whats wrong with him today ? Does he have something against minghao ?

Wonwoo decided to ask mingyu about it next time.

"Sorry. Mingyu's acting a little weird today." wonwoo apologised to minghao as they continued eating.

Minghao widened his eyes, "Was he ? Couldn't tell. He seems nice."

"Trust me. I've been his best friend for years. He's never like this towards other people."

Minghao just shrugged. "Maybe he just doesn't like me. I've handled rejection before. Its alright."

Wonwoo frowned again. "Mingyu's very accepting though. He likes everyone."

"No one will like everyone, wonwoo." minghao stated with amusement, smiling at how little wonwoo knew about these kind of things.

______________________________________

Mingyu cringed at himself as he emptied his tray.

What was i doing ?? I sounded like a kid.

Mingyu sighed as he walked back to his dorm. He was being so childish. Why was he even jealous in the first place ? Wonwoo wasn't even his boyfriend. Wonwoo has every right to reject mingyu for someone else. He doesn't belong to mingyu, as much as mingyu wanted that to be true.

Even if he and wonwoo were dating, he shouldn't even be like this either. It was just plain childish.

But he couldn't help it.

The answer was simple, though. Mingyu was jealous because he loved wonwoo.

He couldn't trust himself enough to be nice to minghao the next time he saw him. He hoped he wouldn't be as nasty as he was just now.

He wanted become friends with the new boy and introduce him to the squad, but wonwoo just made it so, so difficult.

Mingyu sighed as he tried to think of an excuse to give if he was ever going to be asked about his strange behaviour just now.

Telling the truth was, obviously, not an option.

______________________________________

300 reads and 36 votes ???? hOlyshit yALL IM CRYIN I DONT EVER DESERVEㅡ

also am i suddenly naming chapters after monsta x songs 🤔 in all honesty they deserve more love and recognition smh

hope yall will have a great day ahead ♡ go slay whatever you have to do !! love yall alwaysss ♡♡♡

yx :3