[21_stolen]

"Then why can't we be like that too ?"

Wonwoo couldn't get that one question out of his head.

Mingyu had refused to continue talking after that, pretending to be interested in whatever game it was that chan was playing on his phone.

Wonwoo was left alone with his thoughts.

What did mingyu actually mean ?

Did he mean to be as close friends as jun and minghao ?

Or as something more than friends ?

Wonwoo hoped that it was the former.

______________________________________

[later]

Wonwoo headed back to his room, only to realise that his access card wasn't in his back pocket. He sighed and figured that it was probably soonyoung's doing, that he had probably stolen it from him during lunch as some prank.

Wonwoo proceeded to unlock the door with his fingerprint instead, a sort of backup system when a card wasn't available.

Once inside, he plopped down onto his bed and sent a quick text.

Soonyoung
last seen 11:49pm

hey give it back...
you're so lame

Having done that, wonwoo picked up a random book on his bedside table to busy himself with until soonyoung replies or if he receives a mission.

It was that romance novel he had been reading. He's almost done, though. Just two more chapters till the end.

Wonwoo found himself drifting away from the pages and into his own thoughts far too often for him to concentrate on the story.

His thoughts consisted mainly of mingyu, and the constant reminder of inferno's words were bugging him endlessly.

He prayed that mingyu will never be hurt because of him. If it took him to be silent forever about his feelings, it was worth it. Anything was.

All wonwoo could ask for was for mingyu to be safe. That alone was enough.

Somehow, wonwoo had managed to escape the grasp of his worrying thoughts and was finally focused on the story he was reading. In a couple of minutes, he was on to the last page.

...or so he thought.

The page was gone.

It was torn out, the jagged edges evident that whoever who did it was in a huge hurry.

Wonwoo was beyond confused.

Who did this ?

It sure as hell wasn't wonwoo.

What made it worse was that on that missing page was his sappy writing confessing about his undying love for mingyu.

Not exactly something wonwoo would want stolen.

And it seemed like it was the thief's only motive, as wonwoo didn't find anything else amiss in his dorm.

This might even explain why his access card was missing. The thief stole it to get into his dorm.

Wonwoo really, really hoped that it was soonyoung who did it this time.