[22_strange]

"Wonwoo, do you have any idea where seokmin is ? Or seen him on the way here ? Been waiting for him for like, 15 minutes already and he still isn't here." jisoo asked the boy who just sat down at the table.

Wonwoo shook his head. "Have you called him ?"

"Yes, of course i did. Called him three times but he never picked up," jisoo explained, sighing. "He was the one who suggested eating together and then going ktv after. Now he's the one that's late. I'm gonna finish my food already."

Wonwoo frowned. "That's weird. Seokmin isn't the type to be so late."

"Exactly. That's why i'm so worried. Could anything have happened to him ?"

Wonwoo shook his head again. "Let's not think like that. I'm pretty sure seokmin's fine. But i think you can go return your tray first. I'll stay here and keep an eye out for seokmin for you."

Jisoo smiled gratefully and replied, "Oh ! Thank you !"

Wonwoo noticed a flicker of pleasant surprise in the other boy's eyes as he said that.

Wonwoo was glad that he had gained a little more of jisoo's trust, and possibly, more of his friendship as well.

And just like that, he was doing it. He was slowly getting closer to the others, as mingyu advised him to, and he wasn't regretting it a single bit.

Wonwoo's heart felt a little lighter at the thought.

But he realised he was supposed to watch out for seokmin. He looked up immediately, eyes scanning his surroundings for any sign of the missing boy.

... and there he was.

A flustered-looking seokmin was weaving himself through the rows of tables, searching for jisoo.

"Seokmin ! Over here !" wonwoo shouted over the voices of other agents in the cafeteria.

Seokmin immediately turned towards wonwoo's direction, squinting as he still couldn't see exactly where wonwoo was.

"Here ! Jisoo asked me to wait for you," wonwoo raised his voice again, this time waving an arm at the younger.

Recignition finally registered in seokmin's eyes, and he started making his way towards wonwoo.

"I'm so sorry for being this late. Where did jisoo go ?" seokmin apologised the moment he got in wonwoo's earshot.

"Heㅡ" wonwoo started, but stopped as jisoo himself came over to the table.

"Seokmin where were you ?? Why didn't you answer your calls ? Did something happen ?" jisoo immediately started firing questions at the younger, worry evident on his face.

"Sorry, i-i was having a nap but i overslept. Turned out that my phone battery went dead halfway through my nap... andㅡ and the alarm didn't ring, and of course your calls didn't get through. I'm really sorryyy." seokmin explained himself as he put his palms together to beg for jisoo's forgiveness.

Jisoo only waved seokmin's hands away, a hint of a smile on his face. "I've already forgiven you. But... make sure you sing me my favourite song later."

Seokmin whole-heartedly agreed, and proceeded to thank wonwoo for waiting for him.

The boy then went off to get food.

Wonwoo noticed something strange as he left.

Seokmin's phone screen had lit up in his hand as he turned to leave, a new notification flashing on the lockscreen.

Wasn't his phone battery supposed be dead ?

______________________________________

[later_4 am]

Mingyu lay awake.

He couldn't sleep at all.

He just felt lonely and needed someone. Wonwoo, to be exact. For some reason he didn't know, he missed the boy's presence so much.

The problem was, it was already 4 am. Mingyu wasn't sure if wonwoo would even be awake to read his messages.

He still tried, nonetheless.

wonwoo !!
last seen 01:42 am

hey

u awake ?

Mingyu realised he had been staring at his phone screen for a solid one minute. Still no reply. Looks like wonwoo really was asleep.

Mingyu sighed and stared out of his window.

The sky was slowly getting a little brighter.

wonwoo !!
last seen 01:42 am

u know wat ?

i wanna watch the
sun rise today

well since i cant
sleep and all

but if u see this
before 6 am,,

come up to the roof i'll probably be there

but if u dont wanna
its ok,, u dont have to

i just think that itll
be nice to watch the
sunrise with u again

u know like the old
days when we would
sneak up there together ?

Mingyu realised he had been mindlessly spamming wonwoo with messages. He was getting himself emotional with texts that wonwoo would probably only see in the morning.

Mingyu cringed at himself and regretted typing all that. He should have thought through before sending them.

wonwoo !!
last seen 01:42 am

im sorry for spamming,,
i'll get going now

Mingyu sent one last text.

i... hope i'll see u

Even though there was still no reply, mingyu didn't lose hope. He knew about wonwoo's gaming habits. He would game till sunrise on some days. There was still a silver of chance that wonwoo would see his texts, and mingyu was going to put some faith in that chance.

He threw on a hoodie and walked out of his dorm, letting the door close softly behind him.

______________________________________

holy shit i was proofreading everything ive written so far and damn i made so many little content and grammar mistakes lol im sorry i get really messed up at times heh i corrected all the mistakes dw

hope that you've enjoyed this,, have a great week ahead and may my love be with u always xD ♡♡♡ ~

yx :>