[23_sunrise]

(bdjsjsbdj stan day6 kthxbye)

______________________________________

It was 4.30 am.

Wonwoo finally decided that he had enough of overwatch and that he should get some sleep.

He quit the game and switched off his computer. Thinking that there was probably nothing to see on his phone, he still checked his notifications anyway.

There were messages from mingyu.

Wonwoo read all of them and immediately felt bad for not being able to reply earlier. The boy sounded so lonely.

They made wonwoo's heart soften for his best friend.

Without wasting any more time, wonwoo rushed upstairs to the roof.

The first thing that caught wonwoo's attention when he opened the door to the highest place in HQ was the silhouette of a tall boy sitting by the edge of the roof, his back facing wonwoo.

Wonwoo was pretty sure the boy couldn't hear him approach, but he somehow turned around, as if knowing it was wonwoo.

A bright smile immediately appeared on the boy's face.

Wonwoo, seeing how happy the boy was, couldn't help but mirror his smile. He sat down next to him and let his own legs dangle over edge beside the boy's longer ones.

"I knew you'd come !!" mingyu whisper-shouted when wonwoo plopped himself down beside him.

The older gave a reassuring eye-smile. "Yeah i did."

Mingyu pulled wonwoo into a tight hug. "Thank you."

Wonwoo only shook his head, as if saying 'its nothing'.

The two boys just sat next to each other after that with no words being exchanged at all, just staring at the horizon, which was slowly getting brighter.

But it wasn't the least bit awkward. Its just that the boys didn't need words to fill the comfortable silence between them both. For them, the presence of the other was enough.

Only the quiet sound of the wind softly blowing across the empty rooftop could be heard in the tranquil silence as the sky was slowly tinged pink.

The sun was rising. However, wonwoo shivered.

Mingyu noticed, and grabbed onto the other boy's hand, linking their fingers together.

"You're freezing." mingyu pointed out, as the coldness of wonwoo's hand sent shivers up mingyu's arm.

"I know."

"You idiot, why didn't you wear a hoodie or something ?" mingyu chided the boy beside him, who was only in a tshirt and said, "Sit closer to me."

Wonwoo obliged and shifted himself closer to the taller. Mingyu hooked an arm around wonwoo and eased the older's head onto his own shoulder.

"Better ?"

Wonwoo nodded into the crook of mingyu's neck.

A little while later, wonwoo could feel mingyu's head resting on top of his own, unmoving.

Is he asleep ?

Wonwoo looked up, trying to see mingyu's face. Indeed, the boy's eyes were closed.

Wonwoo smiled to himself.

That's cute.

A gust of wind blew around again, sending chills up wonwoo's spine. He tried not to move, but despite sharing mingyu's warmth, he was still shivering, and the sudden gust of wind wasn't helping.