Chapter 3

Chapter 3

He walked slowly to her, seemingly floating on air. She was transfixed on the sight of him, the man she'd seen the other night, the one who'd disappeared. He finally stood before her, and after a few seconds sat down next to her in the couch. He looked at her untouched drink. "Drink. It's quite good, only a selective few ever get the chance to drink it", his voice startled her, yet made her almost purr in delight. It was strong, yet silky. Her throat suddenly dry, Alyssa grabbed the drink and drank a few sips (which, in hindsight, was rather stupid to drink something she didn't know what it was and on the command of a stranger). The drink was the best drink she'd ever tasted, alcoholic and non-alcoholic. It didn't even taste like alcohol. The taste was indescribable.

"I am Lennox", he said when she'd put the drink down. "Alyssa", Lennox nodded, as if puzzled by her name. Then there was silence. Alyssa took the opportunity to drink some more, which then turned out to be the entire drink when the silence stretched on. She placed her empty glass on the table. The moment it touched the table, Lennox suddenly stood up, his body shaking. "It was a pleasure meeting you, Alyssa", he said and then quickly left the room, leaving Alyssa alone and confused.

Shortly after Lennox had left, Gwen entered the room. "Come, let's have some fun", Gwen said and then it was like Alyssa blacked out, because the next thing she remembered was standing on the dance floor, people dancing around her. "Come on Alyssa, dance!", feeling strange and unable to focus her thoughts, Alyssa did as Gwen said and started to dance a strange, sensual dance with Gwen. Every time she blinked, it was like she lost time. One time when she blinked, Gwen was in front of her, the next time she blinked, Gwen was behind her. They danced and danced and danced, until Alyssa blinked and Cate was standing in front of her. Cate was speaking, but Alyssa couldn't hear her. Cate grabbed her arm, dragging her out from the club.

The moment she felt the fresh air, she suddenly felt like herself again, and her hearing returned. "What the hell Alyssa?! I've been looking for you for hours and then I find you grinding on that bartender. How much have you had to drink?!", Cate almost shouted, worried for her friend. Alyssa let out a groan, asking her friend what happened. "What happened? What happened was the you followed that strange chick, alone, and then didn't come back! It's almost four in the morning Alyssa, I was looking for you for almost five hours! Jesus, Alyssa". "I don't know Cate, I don't remember much. I was... dancing. No, I was with him. Lennox. Then I was dancing. How long was I dancing for?", Alyssa looked at her friend, lost. Cate shook her head, and pulled out her phone to call for a cab.

When they were in the cab, Alyssa asked Cate what had been going on with her. "Oh, not much. After you left, Maddox spent about ten minutes with me before leaving. Then I waited for you, and waited, and waited. Then I started looking for you. I didn't find you, instead I found Maddox. When I asked him about you and his bartender friend, he told me to mind my own business! So I flipped him off and continued to look for you. Then I find you, having the time of your life, drunk or high as fuck. Thanks, Alyssa, for making me worry that you were dead or something. You could have texted me!", a dark thought entered Alyssa's mind, after all, hadn't Cate done something similar the other night? Alyssa kept her mouth shut, feeling better but still slightly nauseous.

The cab dropped Cate off first, who paid her share and then left, not saying anything to Alyssa. The cab soon dropped Alyssa off, who stumbled up to her small apartment. She managed to close the door and kick off her shoes before she fell in to her bed, asleep instantly.

________

She woke up late. After checking the clock, it revealed that she'd slept for over 12 hours, something she'd never done, being a light sleeper. She realized with a groan that it was Sunday evening, meaning that she had school in just over 14 hours. Shit.