Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Ms. Harmy observed her for a while, sitting behind her desk. Alyssa, seated opposite of her, fidgeted nervously. "I wished to speak with you about your discussion paper", Ms. Harmy finally said, expression kind instead of stern as it had been before. "I'm not in trouble?", Alyssa asked. "Of course not. It is your friend that is in trouble, you did nothing wrong. In fact, I'd say you've done everything right. I genuinely enjoyed your paper, due to your ability to discuss not only your side of the view, but that of an outsider all without making it biased. Tell me, what made you think of...". Alyssa and Ms. Harmy spend a good hour discussing her paper, and then onto the next assignment. Luckily, English was her last class of the day, so Alyssa could enjoy the conversation. It might have sounded weird, but Alyssa truly enjoyed talking to Ms. Harmy. She was different from all of Alyssa's other teachers, and unlike the other teachers actually enjoyed talking to her students.

Eventually, Alyssa left the classroom, in high spirit. Alright, she'd already been in high spirit all day, but that had vanished when Cate blurted out her private life. Now, after talking to Ms. Harmy, she was feeling good again. She didn't know why, but it had felt like she already knew Ms. Harmy. There was something familiar with Ms. Harmy. Strangely, it felt almost like the feeling she got with Gwen and Maddox.

By the time she checked her phone, after being home for a while, she saw that she had several missed calls and messages from Cate. The texts were all apologies. Alyssa ignored them all, still pissed at Cate.

After binge-watching her favorite tv show, eating food and then candy, Alyssa felt better about life in general. As it was late at night, it was no use to try and do homework, so Alyssa went to bed.

As she was laying in bed, Alyssa thought back to the night before. She wanted to do it again, feel that again, but she wasn't in the mood. Not only that, but something told her that she would never feel that again unless it was with Lennox.

________

For the rest of the week, Alyssa ignored Cate. It was hard, seeing as they had the same classes. In the end, Alyssa lasted until Friday morning. Before the first class, Cate came up to her. "I know you're still pissed, but please forgive me! I need my best-friend. My date with Nick is tonight, and I really need your support Aly. I love you. Pretty please", Cate said, her famous puppy eyes in place. Truthfully, Alyssa wasn't mad anymore. She had heard a few comments the day after about her sex life, but soon another scandal came forward and Alyssa was forgotten; the chemistry teacher Mr. Wales had apparently found, well, chemistry with one of his students. 47 year old Mr. Wales was found by another teacher having sex with 20 year old Linda Jackson in his classroom. Scandalous.

Alyssa allowed Cate to beg a while more, but soon the girls were best friends again, whispering among themselves about the date Cate was going on with Nick.

After the last class, Alyssa went home with Cate and helped her get ready for her date. Cate wore the outfit they'd chosen the week before.