3

Chapter 3

I wake up and my head is spinning like crazy. I look around and noticed I was in a small hospital room. I tried to reach up to touch my head but I couldn't. I look down and I see that my wrist is handcuffed to the side of the bed. This can't be happening. I use my other hand and I feel a big bandage on my head.

No my face is going to look horrible because that meant I had a scar. That's when I see a nurse passing by. "Hello Nurse hey!" She ignores me and walks away. I scoff. Where the hell am I? That's when I look out the window and I could see nothing but wilderness. Oh God, I would be an idiot and crash in the middle of nowhere.

I look around to see if my bag is around so I can call someone to come and pick me up. That's when an officer walks in. "Oh thank goodness Officer, there has been a mistake." "Quiet." He says and I nod. "You have destroyed our little town, our main road and the main electrical poles." I scoff. "God I am so sorry," I sarcastically say.

"You see I can't stay here I need to get to my runway competition." He shakes his head. "You are going to Jail." I gasp. "You're kidding me right?" He walks over to me and picks me up. He puts my hands behind my back and handcuffs me. We walk outside and I see the mess that I did. I didn't think much of it, the town was ugly as hell so it matched.

"I don't know why you're complaining so much the town looks hideous." He scoffs and puts me in a Cell close that's inside a court room. "You're kidding me right?" He takes the handcuffs off and locks the cell. "You need to wait for the judge then we will see what your sentence is." I scoff.

"What the hell is this place?" I start to pace around the cell. I have to be dreaming, I probably am. I probably knocked out in the dressing room because I haven't slept in 4 days due to the finale. "Pssstt," I hear someone say and I looked around. That's when I see a young brunette lady standing by the cell.

"How you doing ma'am?" She asks and I shake my head. "What are you supposed to be?" She smiles. "I don't know but I was told to keep an eye on you." I look at her and my God did she look horrible. She wasn't ugly but you could tell she had no tastes. "Thanks there honey belle," I said in a southern accent and she smiles.

"You're from down south too?" I shook my head. "Look I don't know what's going on but I need to get out of her so why don't you open the cell and I could get you something fancy?" She nods and smiles. That's when the officer walks in as she's turning the lock. "Lacy!" He screams and she jumps.

"The hearing is about to begin, leave her in there." She nods and takes the key away. "Sorry Ma'am." She walks away and I hit the bars. "This is madness!" I scream and the officer chuckles and walks away. I sit down on the dusty bed and I see people walking into the court room. Everyone was looking my way and murmuring. I didn't give a damn, all I wanted was to escape and get back to my competition.

That's when everyone started to scream and accuse me of stuff that I did. That's when Lacy walks up to me. "They asked me to ask you if you a lawyer?" I roll my eyes. "Does it Look like I have one?" She shakes her head. "Then I'll be it." I roll my eyes. "Yay," I say in a super unenthusiastic tone. That's when the door opens and in walks a woman a bit on the old side but looked super sophisticated.

"I want the person responsible for all this to repair it until their hands bleed and then put that person in jail for the rest of their miserable life." Everyone cheered and I started to freak out a bit. She looked at me and gasped. Why did she seem familiar? "I want this stupid woman away from us and away from our town let her go!" Everyone started to complain but I sighed in relief.

Finally I'm leaving this hell hole and get back to civilization. That's when a very attractive man walks in and I smiled. He is probably here to take me back to Paris for the competition. "Hey handsome, I'm all free to go we can leave now." He walks up to me and gives me a weird look.

"Mrs. Banks let you go?" I nodded. "Yeah She did so how about you get them to open the cell up and before Paris we can I don't know go out to a quiet dinner?" He smiles then his smile faded. "People of Misthaven, we have a chance for our amazing little hidden gem to be beautiful again with the help of..." He stops and turns to me.

"What's your name?" I scoff. "Emma." He winks at me and smiles. "Thanks." I roll my eyes. "With the help of Emma, so how about instead of sending her away we have her fix everything." I gasp. "Hell no I am not doing that." Everyone starts to cheer.

"I am a runway model not some gardener/construction worker." The Officer comes and grabs my arm and takes me outside. "You need to fix everything you destroyed." I looked around and I gasped. "This is going to take years." That's when he places an ankle monitor on my ankle.

"Then I suggest you get to work." I scoff. That's when the man walks up to me. "So beautiful think you can manage to repair everything?" I crossed my arms and scoffed. "And to think I wanted to take you out to dinner." He smiles. "Well beautiful get to work." I scoff. He irritated me but he was handsome.

He looked nothing like these town folks. "What's your name by the way?" He smiles. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I lift my eyebrow. "Well since I gave you mine in the courtroom seems fair I get one in return." He smiles.

"Killian Jones."