15

Chapter 15

It's been about 9 days since the competition ended and 9 days since I found out my mother is alive. I haven't seen her since that day because I still can't cope with the fact that she left me for her career. I am mad because I wanted my mother all these years, and she was never there.

I had a DNA test done and today I get the results mailed to Misthaven. I have decided to make Misthaven my official home and have partnered with various designers to promote their designs here. Our town is flourishing and I couldn't be happier.

Killian and I are living in his shop while we decide what to do next with our lives. But the matter of my mother comes first. I'm staring at the small post office and my heart is racing. I want her to be my mom but at the same time I don't. That's when I feel someone grab my hand.

I look and see that it's Killian. "Love you got this, I'll be here with you." I smile and nod. He kisses my cheek and I smile even bigger. I make my way inside and picked up the envelope. I walk back out and I stare at it. "Open it love." I nod. I start to read it but I'm shaking like crazy.

That's when I get to the important part of the letter, my heart dropped. Mrs. Banks is my mother. I start to cry because now I have to accept the fact that my dead mother is alive. "What is it Emma?" I sigh. "She's my mom." He half smiles. "Now will you talk to her?" I nod. He smiles again then wipes my tears.

We made our way to her office and walked in. It so happens that she was talking with someone. Now that our town has been back on the map people are also coming to meet the great super model Banks over here. The person walked out and that's when she took off her glasses.

"Emma, Killian please close the door and sit down." Killian closes the door then we both sit down. I was nervous, I didn't know what to say. "Did you get the results?" I nod. "Yes, you're my mom." She smiles. "Yes, indeed I am." I nod. "I...." She puts her hand up. "Let me tell you everything first." I nod. She talked and told me everything, and I am mean everything.

I just sat there in disbelief. "Did you ever talk to my dad after I was born?" She sighs. "No I didn't." I nod and start to cry. "Because you didn't love me?" She sighs. "I loved you so much my little Emma, but I knew if I called I would have come back to you and I just couldn't at the time." I sigh. "Because your career was more important to me."

She shakes her head. "I knew your father would take care of you and that he would love you so much." I nod. "It just breaks my heart to know that I was a nuisance in your life, your career." She sighs. "I was selfish back then Emma, so selfish but I paid for my actions, my career ended when it was it's peak." I sighed, she was right, she did pay for it.

"Please can you forgive me?" I sigh. "I don't know." "That's ok if you don't, but please let me spend time getting to know you more." I look at Killian and he held my hand. I look back at my mom and sighed. "I'm not a vengeful woman or a stuck up like I once was but I can't but give me time." She smiles and nods.

"Of course, maybe we can work together, I have a project I've been working on ever since you got here." I gave her a weird look. "What project?" She smiles. "I've actually been working with various designers and promoters, how about opening our own line of clothing and a modeling school?" I gasp.

"What, that's amazing...I..." She smiles. "You might not want to forgive me but can you work alongside one of the world's best super models?" I half smile. She's good, she's too good. I looked at Killian and he was smiling. "I think I can manage that." She smiles.

"Well that is good to hear, in about a week we will start the designs and in about a month the construction for the modeling building will also begin." I smile and nod. We both get up and make our way to the door. "Hey Emma..." I look back at her and nod. "Yeah?" She smiles nervously. "I hope we can have dinner some day just me and you, or lunch whatever you want." I smile and nod. "I would like that." She smiles and puts her glasses back on.

We walk out and I just stood there contemplating on everything. Is it wrong of me to want to get to know my mom, I mean I should be mad at her. Thats when Killian hugs me from behind. "Its ok to want to get to know her." I smile. "How is it that you know what I'm thinking?" He smiles and kisses my neck. "Because I can see it in your eyes." I smile and sigh. I turn around and kissed him.

"What would I do without you?" Killian smiles. "You would be very sad and lonely." I smile and nudge him. "Well it is true." He smiles and gives me another kiss. "I am very proud of you Miss Swan, what you did in there wasn't easy." I smile. "It wasn't but having you at my side made it easier." He smiles. "So how about we go and get something to eat Emma, I am starving." I give him a sexy smirk and placed my hand on his chest.

"Well I hope you leave room for some dessert because I am starving for something else." Killian raises his eyebrow. "Is that so Miss Swan?" I bite my lip and nod. "Then how about we go straight to desert?" I nod as he pulls me closer to him. We kiss slowly but it turns passionate in a second.

We let go to take a breath. "Lets go back to our place, wouldn't want pictures of us kissing to end up in the cover of some magazine." Killian nods. "You're right and besides in private I can enjoy you more." I smirk again. We hold hands and made our way back to his place.