I Am Damaged

"Veronica?"

I smiled at him not quite sure what to say, I could only hope that he wouldn't be mad at me and make me leave. I couldn't tell what he was thinking, his facial expression showed a mixture of confusion and anger.

"How did you find me?" He questioned, sounding surprisingly calm. His confused facial expression changed to one of relief.

"I wanted to look for you as soon as you left, but Ponyboy told me it was too dangerous. So today I looked everywhere for you and ended up here." I smiled.

Dallas smiled back at me weakly and opened the door wider to let me in. The room he was staying in was surprisingly clean and tidy. 

"I'm glad you came to look for me Veronica, I'm sorry about yesterday." He bought me over to a small table with two chairs and got me to sit down.

I was shocked by his comment, I wasn't expecting him to be so nice about the situation "I'm glad I did too Dallas."

"Call me Dally, all my friends do." He shot me a smile and winked while grabbing a blue shirt off the back of the chair and put it on.

"Do ya wanna drink Veronica." He asked grabbing himself a beer out of the small fridge.

"No I'm good, I had a drink downstairs with Buck."

"You met Buck.. I'm so sorry." He laughed.

"Why sorry? He seemed really nice, he's also the reason I found you here."

"Oh really? I'm surprised he didn't try do something to ya."

I shook my head wondering what Buck would have done if I wasn't in a rush to find Dallas.

Dallas finished his beer and set it down onto the counter before turning around me.

"You wanna go grab food Ronnie?"

I laughed at his new nickname for me, I quite liked it, I'd never had anyone call me that before but I could definitely get used to it.

"I'd love to."

Dallas grabbed a leather jacket before opening the door and holding it open for me to exit. He lead me down the stairs back down to Bucks. He tossed a key over to Buck who was talking to a group of greaser girls and we walked out down the street.

After about 10 minutes of walking we turned up outside a sweet little diner with music playing loudly. He lead me in And lead us over to a big booth right in the back.

We ordered our food and drinks and it wasn't long before our food came out. Dallas and I were deep into conversation when two boys around Dallas' age walked through the door and started hollering at him.

Once the two boys got to our table the older looking one spoke up "Dallas long time no see, who's this?"

"This is Veronica, I met her a couple of days ago."

He didn't shake my hand like most of the other boys did when I met them, he grabbed a packet of cigarettes out of his pocket and held them towards me. I shook my head and declined his offer, I didn't smoke, but I didn't mind people doing it around me.

"Well the names Tim, this is my kid brother Curly. We're old friends of Dally's." He said whilst handing a cigarette to Curly and lighting one up for himself.

"Good to meet you guys."

Dallas, Tim and Curly spoke for a while, I ate the rest of my food letting Dallas catch up with his friends. The greasers seem to have pretty busy lives, they always have some kind of news even if they only saw each other a couple of hours ago.