Chapter 7

"Mr. Andrews, why is it not a surprise that you are late, as usual. Hello, you must be Ms. Maya Walters. Nice to meet you, I am Mr. Stone your government teacher. Please sit where ever you like." Mr. Stone says as he continues to write on the board.

 I look around and the only seat available is the one next to Ace. I sigh as I start to make my way towards the empty desk. I sit down but start to feel uncomfortable because it feels like someone is staring at me. I look around till I see her, Amber. She is glaring at me with her little gang. Now what the hell did I do this time. All I did was sit down and this chick got the nerve to stare me down like I spit in her drink.

 "Don't worry about Amber, she is probably just jealous that I came in to class with you." I turn my head to see Ace looking at me.

 "Why would she be jealous?" I say as I look at him confused. 

"Well, We hooked up a few times nothing serious or intimate. I just did it because I am the captain of the Football Team and she is the Captain of the Cheer leading team. Other people wanted us to get together but seriously I would never. She is so obsessive over me that it is just annoying at this point. She thinks that she 'owns me' and I can't even breathe without her being on my back." He says while glaring at Amber.

 "Interesting, seems like you got a leech on your hands Andrews." I say while he chuckles at my comment. 

"Hm.. You intrigue me New girl." He smirks while looking at me. I blush as I look at my hands trying to figure out what to say. "You are really cute when you blush." He says as he continues to look at me.

 I blush even more and turn to him, "Are you trying to flirt with me Ace?" 

"Well, is the sky blue?" He says as he tilts his head. 

"Yes.." I say as I look back at my hands. 

"Well then, guess that you just answered your own question." He says while smiling at me. 

Its now lunch time and I walk out of the lunch line with my tray trying to find Emily. The food here is not that bad, the pizza actually looks decent.

 "Hey Maya over here." I turn my head and I see Emily waving at me. I walk over to her and place down my tray. "Hey Emily, do you usually sit by yourself?" I say as I sit down.

 "Yea but I usually just read my book during lunch or go to the library." She says as she puts her book down. 

"So how have you been liking Meadow Side?" She says as she grabs an apple out of her lunch box. 

"Ehh.. it is not that bad. All the teachers are not that bad." I say as I pick up my slice of pizza.

 "Have you made any friends so far, well besides me obviously." Emily says as she flips her hair. 

I giggle, "No not really, well besides Ace I guess. We talked for a bit during Government." I said as I take a bite out of my pizza.

 Emily almost chocked on her apple and said, "THE ACE ANDREWS?? WTF HE NEVER TALKS TO ANYBODY THAT IS NOT POPULAR."

 "HEY NEW GIRL!!" I hear as I look behind me.

 I see Ace walking with some of his other friends towards us. I look back at Emily and I watch as her face turns pale. Ace sits next to me as his other friends sit next sit next to Emily.

 "Uhm.. Hey Ace. So uh why are you guys sitting with us." I say as I look at him. 

"Like I said new girl, you intrigue me. Anyways, these are my friends Mark, Andrew and Cameron." They all say Hi and I realized that I have seen this two of them today.

 "Hey you guys are the douches that were cat calling me today." I say as I take another bite of my pizza.

 "Well its nice that you remembered me cupcake." Mark says as he takes a bite out of his cheeseburger.

 "Guys what the fuck?" Ace says as he glares at both of his friends. Why does it bother him so much that they were checking me out?

 "Ace its fine, it's not like I would ever go for them anyways." I shrug while taking a sip of my water. 

"You know, for a nerd, you are really fiesty." Cameron says while bumping his arm at Emily. Emily is just sitting there in shock like she has seen a ghost.

 "It's kinda hot.." Mark says as he high fives Cameron. I roll my eyes as I pick up my tray and throw away my trash. Ace follows me as he puts his hands in his pockets.

 "I am sorry about my friends.. They are dicks if I am honest, and I am nothing like them, I promise." He says as he scratches the back of his neck. 

"It's fine Ace, I already know that you are nothing like them." I said while throwing out my trash and I turned around so I can face him. 

"Thanks Maya, I know I may seem like a Player, but I can assure you that I am most definitely not a player." He says as we walk back to our table. I smiled at him as I looked around the cafeteria until my eyes stopped at Amber. I can feel her eyes piercing into my soul.

 "So, What is your next class?" He says as we sit back down at the table. 

"Uhm.. Trigonometry with Mrs. Smith." I said as I looked at my Class schedule.

 "Nice, we got the same class again." He says while smiling at me. I glance at Emily as I see her sitting there uncomfortably in her seat. Dammit, I need to apologize to her after Lunch. 

The bell rings as everyone begins to move to their next class. I see Emily about to run out of the Cafeteria and I try to catch up to her.

 "Hey Emily, I am sorry for what happened in lunch. I had no idea that he would even sit next to us." I sighed. 

"Its not your fault Maya, I just get uncomfortable very easily." She says while looking at me. We said our goodbyes as I begin to go up the stairs to go to class. I look down the hallway and realized that I have no idea where I am going.

 "Maya, Trig is over here." Ace says as he points to the class right next to him. 

"Right.. Thanks again Ace." I say as he begins to smile at me.  I start to blush as he watched me walk over to him.

"No problem Princess." He says as he follows me into class.