Chapter 32

"I'll see you guys later! Emily is here to pick me up." I said as I went to hug my grandparents.

"Goodbye sweetie, have a good day at school." Grandpa responded.

"Bye Mia. Don't do something stupid." Grandma said.

I chuckled, "I'll try my best." I walked out of the front door to see Emily in her car texting somebody.

"Hey Maya." Emily greeted me as I opened the passenger side door.

"Hey Emily, are you excited for Prom next week?" I asked as she began to drive to school.

"I am very excited! Also, Mia Williams' contest is going to end next week so I hope I win or something I don't know." Emily says as she turns towards the school.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about tha-" I stopped talking as I noticed a bunch of news vehicles and different reporters outside of the school. Paparazzi crowding the parking lot speed walking past cars as if they are trying to find somebody.

"What the heck is going on?" Emily asks as she parks the car.

"I have no idea but we are going to find out I guess." I said as we both got out of the car.

I sling by book bag over my shoulders as we make our way towards the crowd. I suddenly stop as I watch the scene before me.

Amber Adams and Ace Andrews kissing.

They both pull away as Amber looks through the crowd before her gaze stops on me. She smirks and pulls Ace's attention towards my way.

Ace's face drops at the sight of me and instantly pushes Amber away and runs to me.

"Maya look I know this looks wrong but trust me I can explain." Ace desperately says.

Before I can even react Amber yells something that makes my heart drop out of my chest.

"HEY EVERYBODY, THERE SHE IS! LITTLE MISS MIA WILLIAMS!" She yells as she points at me.

Reporters instantly crowds around us. Everyone is asking me questions involving my "break" as well as why I am I pretending to be someone else. Through all of this chaos, someone yanks the blonde wig off my head as my brunette hair falls down, framing my face.

Ace just stands in front of me as he looks at me with so many emotions.

Hurt, Disappointed, betrayed.

"Mia? What the heck is going on? You lied to me from the moment you met me. Why didn't you tell me you were you? What else did you lie about? Wait a minute..." He looks at me in anger, "How long have you been cheating on me with that Matt guy?"

As soon as I open my mouth, I hear police officers and the principal's voices.

"EVERYBODY MOVE OUT OF THE WAY."

A police officer grabs me and brings me inside of the school. The principal leads the way and opens the door of his office.

So many emotions are filling my head as I sit down in front of the principal's desk. I look behind me to see the police officer blocking the door. I can see students walking past the office as they curiously look through the window.

"You have a lot of explaining to do Ms. Williams. You have caused huge scene today which now has the authorities involved." The principal says as he crosses his arms.

"Well I guess it all started with me wanting to see what it was like to be a normal kid." I responded as I looked down at my hands.

"Elaborate please."