Chapter 42

We have been sitting at the diner for hours just catching up and reminiscing on old memories. Lots of tears have been shed and too many stomach aches from laughing.

"I can't believe she did that." Matthew laughed as he put his hand on his chest.

"It was one time and I was only nine years old." I crossed my arms while everyone kept on laughing.

Time flew by very quickly as I stole a glance at the clock on the wall.

I abruptly got up, "It's 8 pm already? How the heck did that even happen?"

"Well," Sofia said as she stood up. "Julio did take almost like four hours to get ready."

"Excuse me, do you see my hair right now? It's perfectly gelled back with this magnificent suit." Julio said as he caresses his hair.

"Well, if we leave now, we are going to make it to your prom." Roger said as he twirled the car keys with his finger.

Matthew got up, "Then let's go!"

Everyone got up and bid our goodbyes.

"Have fun kiddo, but not too much fun." Dad said as he gave me a hug.

"Are you guys staying here?" I asked.

"Yeah, we are all gonna go out for some drinks. You know, have a chat about life and what not." Grandma said as she held my Grandpa's hand.

"Okay well, don't stay out too late and drink too much." I said as I looked at my mom.

"That was one time!" My mom said as my dad started laughing.

"Have fun Mia, I hope Ace has a change of heart." Laura said as she gave me a hug.

"I hope so too."

We all left the diner and went our separate ways. Julio runs to the limousine as he pushes us out of the way.

We made it to the school thirty minutes later. However, we would've made it there sooner if Julio didn't stop to 7-eleven to use the bathroom.

The outside of the High school was decorated with different colored streamers and lights with a big sign that said, "Welcome Meadowside Seniors."

"This is it, just a few steps and I will see everyone from high school." I said as I got out of the limousine.

"Alright Mia, don't be a little baby this time." Sofia said as she pushed me forward.

"Yeah Mia, grow some balls." Matthew teased as he came up behind us while Julio is clinging on to him.

"Can you just be my date tonight? We can have the time of our lives." Julio whined as he hugged Matthew's arm.

Roger parked the limousine and walked towards us as he buttons his coat. "I guess I'm going to be the bodyguard for tonight, so I'm going to walk in there first. If you guys aren't following me, I will personally make your life a living nightmare." Roger gave us all a smile and walked passed us.

We all quickly followed him as he opens the front door. Walking through the school, we made it to the gymnasium. The loud music blared as different colored lights shined through the window of the doors.

"How ironic, they are blasting your song." Sofia snorted as I gave her a deadly glare.

Roger pushes the doors open as we walked in the gym.

Loud chatter filled our ears as we looked around the room. Some people started to notice our presence as groups of people ran towards us, causing a big commotion.

"Mia! I love your hair!"

"Mia, I love that dress!"

"I love your music."

"Mia?"

I turned my head at the familiar voice.

Ace pushes through the crowd of people followed by Emily, Mark, Cameron and Andrew.

"You made it!" Emily excitedly said as she gave me a hug.

"Yeah, I had to experience one last thing." I smiled as I shifted my gaze to Ace.

"Ace, I-"

"Keep it moving people, give Mia some space." The principal yelled as a police officer guides us to the front of the stage.

Another police officer leads me on to the stage as I turned to face everyone. The Spotlight shifted on me as the Dj gave me a microphone.

Well this didn't go as planned.

"We have an exciting guest, Mia Williams!" The principal said as everyone cheered.

I watched as my friends push through the crowd to get to the front.

As I brought the microphone towards my mouth to start talking, I watched as Amber walks over to Ace and clings on to him.

"I Uh, want to thank everyone for the warm welcome. It's great to see some familiar faces again." I said as everyone clapped.

Sofia pulls out my phone out of my purse and sends me a nod as she starts the livestream on my Instagram.

"I would assume that everyone in this room has seen the interview?" I said as I heard a lot of yes's from the crowd. "What I said in the interview is 100% true. It is very selfish of me to keep this lie going for so long but I guess I was just scared. I have been used many times by people my age back in California, so I thought it would be the same coming here."

I turned to look at Ace, "But I was wrong, once I started building friendships and continuing old ones, it made me realize how stupid I was to even think that. However, the fear of rejection got the best of me. I was afraid of what some of my friends' reactions would be, would they hate me? Or would they treat me differently now that they know it's Mia Williams and not Maya."

"We love you Mia!" Cameron, Mark, Andrew and Emily shouted as Ace looks down.

I giggled, "I love you guys too... so much. I want to apologize for lying and just being dishonest for the past few months." I said as many respond back saying that they love me.

"Ace?" I asked as Ace looks up, making eye contact with me. "I want to personally apologize to you. I'm sorry for not telling you who I actually was for so long. You might not trust me anymore but I just want to say thank you for everything. Thank you for making me feel myself again. Thank you for the endless conversations late at night. Thank you for making me feel like the happiest girl in the world. Thank you for helping me reminisce on the old memories we shared. And most of all, thank you for being you. I fell in love with you when we were little kids and I have fallen in love with you all over again." I cried out as I wiped some tears away.

Ace looks away as he wipes some stray tears that have fallen down his face.

"I just want to ask you this." I said as he looks back up at me.

"Will you ever forgive me?"

-=+=-
Finally, PROM!!
What do you think Ace will say?
Also thank you so much for 20k reads!!
20 votes for the next chapter.
Also we are almost at 500 votes so if you haven't already, go vote on some previous chapters!