Chapter 14

It has been so long since I updated this book so I am trying to remember the characters... 

Chapter written at: 6-15-18

One week later...

It has been a week since Ace and I had our date and things between us are still going very well. Today is the dinner with Ace's family and I am very nervous. I am obviously very excited to see his parents again but what if they remember me? 

"Sofia, I'm freaking out.. What if his parents remember me? What will happen? Welp there goes my career am i right? O gosh my mother is gonna kill me when she finds out that I wen-"

"Yo shut up already." Sofia sighs as she reaches for a bowl of sour patch kids.

"Sorry... I am just worried that the truth is gonna come out." I said as I look through my closet.

"Well its pretty obvious," She says as she stuffs a handful of sour patch kids in her mouth. "Just pick out your clothes and move on with your life. C'mon, you know that his folks are very nice people, its not like they are gonna tweet out that they're with THE Mia Williams."

I grab out a simple floral skirt and a black t-shirt to go with it.

"Okay, maybe you are right." I say as I turn around to see Sofia opening another bag of Sour patch kids. "How about this for tonight?"

"Oo okay girl next door, I see you." She smirks as she grabs another handful of Sour Patch Kids.

"Sofia, you are about to get some cavities cause of those things."

"Shut up asshole, you are turning into your mother." She says as she throws some of the sour patch kids to the camera.

I laugh and begin to change into my outfit.

"Hey Mia... when do you plan on telling them that you are not maya."

I sigh as I put on my t-shirt, "I don't know, maybe when the school year ends?"

Sofia immediately starts choking as she grabs a bottle of water and chugs it down. "Shut the front door, you got to be kidding me Mia. The end of the school year?"

"well.. ugh, I don't know." I say as I finish putting on my skirt.

"Listen Mia, you are starting to have feelings for this kid and you don't want to let this lie grow. If you continue to keep this secret from him as well as the friends you are making, it will crush them. They won't trust you anymore, how about that one chick.. uh Amelia? No... Emma? Naw that's not it... Elizabeth?"

"Emily?" I saw as I lay down on my bed and grab my phone.

"OH YEAA, EMILY! She seems like a very closed off person who doesn't let people in. Not to mention that she might potentially win this contest you are holding. How will she feel after she finds out?"

"God Sofia, Where are you getting all this wisdom from?"

"Up my ass and around the corner." She says which causes the both of us to laugh. "But seriously Mia... the truth needs to come out. This Ace guy seems to mean a lot to you and I don't want your heartbroken. I may seem like a bitch 24/7 but I also love you girl and I want whats best for you." She smiles as she shoves more candy in her mouth.

"Thanks Sofia, that means a lot to me." I smile as I walk to the bathroom so I can put on my wig and contacts.

"Alright Chica, get your pretty ass ready for this dinner and I am gonna go to the store to get more candy." 

"Okay.. Oh wait Sofia, Can you send me more photos to post on instagram?"

"Shit, I forgot about that. Alright I will."

"Thanks girl, Bye"

"Bye" Sofia says as she hangs up the phone.

I sigh as I begin to get ready for tonight.

I go downstairs to see Ace and my grandpa laughing as they watch Master Chef.

"Gordon Ramesy is some character." Ace says as he takes a sip of water.

"I mean if the dish was shit, you gotta do something about it." My grandpa says as he turns around. "Oh look at my pretty granddaughter." He smiles as he gets up to hug me.

"Hey, Grandpa. Where is da-uhm Uncle, Where is my uncle?"I say quickly as I glance over at Ace as he is typing on his phone.

"Oh, he is still at the repair shop, some crazy mother brought in her minivan and insisted that he should fix her car by tonight. As for your grandma, she is still at the country club for some tennis tournament."

"Grandma.. and a tennis tournament?" I say questionably.

"Some new boys are competing and I guess she wants to cheer them on." He laughs as he reaches for his beer.

"That sounds more like her." I giggle as I look at Ace walk over to us.

"Hey Maya, you ready to go?" He smiles as he holds out his hand.

"Yea I am, just a little bit nervous."

"Hey, you have no reason to be nervous, it's gonna be fun" He says as we leave the house.

"Well I don't know, what if it doesn't go well."

"Maya, it's gonna be okay. They are gonna love you." He says as he opens the car door for me. I say thanks as I get into the car. Ace goes to the driver side and starts the car. He reaches out to hold my hand and says, "You are beautiful, smart, funny and all around wonderful person to be around. They are going to love you don't worry."