Chapter 10

Ace went to the locker room to get dressed and I started walking towards the stands.

"Hey Maya!" I turn my head and see Emily wave at me and pats a spot next to her.

"Hey Emily, did mark drive you?" I say as I scan the other people in the stands. The Stands are packed, filled with students in blue and gold. Some have paint on their faces with the school colors, is it really that serious?

"Yea he did," She says shyly as she moves some strands of hair behind her ear. I never really looked at her outfit, she was wearing a white and blue dress with a brown belt wrapped around her waist.

 I never really looked at her outfit, she was wearing a white and blue dress with a brown belt wrapped around her waist

It was simple and very cute, I can tell that she is nervous about tonight because she is fidgeting in her seat.

"Hey Emily, tonight is going be fun okay? Just stick with me because I have never been to a high school party as well." I tell her as I hold her and for reassurance.

She smiled and said, "Thanks Maya, You know, I'm happy that we are friends because honestly, High school was so boring for me before you came."

"Thanks, I'm happy that I can experience High school with you." I said as Emily gave me a confused look.

"Wait.. experience high school? Were you home schooled back in California?"

"Yea, I was home schooled my whole life pretty much. I just joined public school for my senior year." She nods and looks out at the field.

Both teams came out on the field to do some stretches and warm ups before the game starts. I watch as Ace, Mark, Cameron, and Andrew talk to each other when suddenly they all look in our direction. I glanced at Emily and saw that she was reading her book. I bumped her in the shoulder and she gave me a confused look. I looked back at them and Emily followed to where I was looking at and started to smile. They waved at us and we waved back. Ace however, gestured me to go to where he was and I looked back at Emily.

"Looks like Ace needs his lucky charm," Emily says as she nudges me.

I reluctantly got up and made my way down to the field. The cheerleaders were warming up on the sidelines and they all stopped and stared at me. Amber in particular was glaring at me along with her friends. I shrugged and kept on walking as I made my way towards Ace.

"Hey Maya," He says as he hugs me.

"Hey Ace, So what did you want?" I said as I looked towards his friends as they started to wiggle their eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at them as Ace said," Well, I need some good luck from my Lucky charm."

"Welp, Good Luck," I said as I patted his shoulder. I heard Mark laugh and Ace turned around and glared at him which made Mark to stop.

"Maybe a good luck kiss?" He says.

I sighed and said, "Ace c'mon the game is going to start soon. I have to go back the stands."