☆Kai☆ >Starry Eyed<

Song: We Are - Daya

Request: Yep! Your-Local-Kay

Ages: 17

Relationship Status: Dating

Word Count: 807

Warning: Mild language

Notes: Haha Kai's adorable

The first thing that came to your mind when you saw the ninja walk through the door, your boyfriend's eyes green and slightly starry, with a stagger in his step, was 'fuck'. You'd seen him affected by venomari spit once before, and you hoped to never see him like this again. Yes, he was adorable in this state, but last time it got to the point where it was almost unbearable. He saw everything as Christmas themed things, causing him to develop a fear of all things Christmas. And that was torturous on Christmas when all you wanted to do was decorate the tree, but Kai would not let you leave his side, or anywhere near the decorations. This time you just hoped it wouldn't cause another ridiculous fear for him.

"Y/n! C'mere!" Jay called you over across the room, arm slung around Kai to guide him around. Telling yourself that he wouldn't be that bad, you made your way over to the blue clad ninja.

"How long ago did it kick in?" You asked impatiently.

"Uh- well- only about twenty minutes ago. So, um, it'll last for a while longer," Jay muttered, looking anywhere but your eyes.

"Ooohhh, who're you? You're prettyyyy," Kai stated, shoving Jay's arm off of him and collapsing onto you. You staggered back slightly at his weight suddenly falling on you.

"Woah, there, bud," Cole came over and lifted the ditzy ninja from you, placing him on a chair at the table.

"Thanks," you sighed. Great. Your own boyfriend didn't remember you.

"Well, we're gonna leave him to you..." Jay cautiously stated, darting off with Cole to the others. You rolled your eyes at their immaturity, and focused your attention on Kai, who was sitting there, fiddling with a fork with great interest.

"Hey, babe, do you know who I am?" You gently asked him, going over to sit opposite him. He placed the fork down and lifted his head to look at you, and burst out into a fit of giggles.

"What's so funny?" You questioned, clueless as to what was that funny.

"I dunno who you are!" Kai exclaimed. You fought the urge to facepalm, and breathed out calmly.

"I'm Y/n, and we've known each other for years. We went to school together. Do you remember me yet?" You tried again as patiently as you could. He stopped laughing, and turned to study your features.

"Nope!" he decided. "I don't know who you are."

"Fine, okay, I'm a stranger. Now, what do you wanna do?" You asked.

"Hmmm... oh! I know! Come over here," he commanded. Kai looked to excited and happy for you to say no. Getting up, you went over to him and sat next to him.

"Turn around," he said, and you obliged, turning your back to him. Then you felt something running through your hair. Glancing behind you, you saw Kai's fingers softly running through your (h/c) hair.

"Your hair's so soft!" He claimed, hands now entangled gently in your hair. A blush crept up onto your face, as this was something Kai would never actually do unless you asked him.

Smiling, you replied, "Thanks." You could practically feel the happiness radiating off of him.

"Can we watch a movie?" He enquired shorty after, removing his hands from your hair.

"Sure!" You beamed, turning around to grab his hand and drag him to the living room. Once you'd put the movie in, you sat on the sofa next to Kai, who instantly snuggled up next to you. You wrapped an arm around him, deciding you could get used to this side of Kai. Halfway through the movie, you heard soft snores emitting from your boyfriend, undoubtedly causing you to fall in love with him more. You rested your head atop his, and eventually felt yourself drifting off to sleep as well, a smile plastered on your face.

You awoke to camera clicks, and opened your eyes only to be blinded by a flash. "Hey!" You cried out.

"See? I told you it'd wake them up!" You heard Cole hiss at Jay.

"Well, we still got the pictures we wanted-" Jay was cut off by you.

"You took pictures?!" You exclaimed as a blush exploded on your cheeks. The weight on your shoulder shifted as Kai groaned softly and sat up.

"What- what happened?" He questioned, stifling a yawn. You scowled at the copper and black haired ninja in front of you.

"I'll explain later. First, I have two pesky ninja to murder." You rose to your feet as Jay and Cole dashed away, the camera long forgotten as you ran after them. Kai reached for the camera, and scrolled through the pictures.

"W-what?" His face turned as red as his gi as he skimmed through the pictures of last nights events. "Dumb venomari..."