6. Rude

Psss what'd you guys think of Marco's POV? Was it alright?

Back to Zhara POV:

I felt a sensation run through my fingertips and throughout my body. I looked up at the figure I'd just bumped into.

"Marc- Mr. Fiorentino. I'm so sorry! I didn't mean-," I abruptly took my hands off his chest. The feeling was getting to be too much. Our eyes locked once more and I saw something in them that I couldn't explain.

"You should watch where you're going Ms..?" He'd already forgotten my name?

"Zhara. Uh- Embin," I said as I watched his expression change from a perplexed look to one of recognition.

"Ah, right. That's right." I opened my mouth to say something but the words wouldn't come out. I wanted to ask about Vita Alta.

Should I?

He looked over my head and then back at me. He cleared his throat.

"Well, if you'll excuse me." He stepped aside and began walking in the direction of the bathroom.

Zhara just do it dammit. This is literally probably your only chan-

"Mr. Fiorentino wait. D-um can I.. I have a question." He stopped and turned around, eyebrow raised expectedly. I walked over to him, fiddling with my fingers.

I'm never this nervous what the hell.

"I heard you—well your family—owns Vita Alta," I stopped, eyeing him to spot his reaction; I continued, " I already graduated from Taraht Academy and I was looking to apply at Vita Alt-"

"You're a bodyguard," he asked shockingly. I was a bit taken back at his tone. I blinked a few times, trying to figure out what the fuck that meant. I frowned at his surprised expression.

"Yess... I am," I said, giving him an 'and' look. He let his mouth hang a bit before catching himself and shaking his head chuckling. I was getting just a teensie bit mad.

"Is something funny, Mr. Fiorentino?" His chuckle turned into a small laugh and then he stopped.

"No, no, not at all. It's just that.. you don't seem," he looked me up and down, "built for a job such as a bodyguard. Well, you do. You could pass for one, like Melinda's bodyguard. People do get a bit frisky around here. But a bodyguard at Vita Alta?" He looked me over once more, his eyes darkening before returning his attention to my eyes.

I was infuriated.

How dare he? Who says that? He doesn't even... he hasn't even seen what I ca- MEN I SWEA-

" So," I said in a forced 'calm' tone, " you're judging my capabilities based off my looks? So, because I'm wearing a dress with heels, because I'm 5'10 AND NOT 6'4 WITH A BEARD AND A THIRD LEG IN MY PANTS THAT I CAN'T POSSIBLY BE A BODYGUARD. GOD FORBID A WOMEN BE ANYTHING REQUIRING EFFORT, HUH? YOU-" I cut myself off realizing I was getting riled up and yelling. I'd been told way, way, WAY too many times before that I couldn't be a bodyguard or anything incorporating physical ability for that matter. Simply due to my figure. So what I had hips, and ass and boobs? So what my body seemed a bit small? I wasn't insanely short. 5'10 is frickin tall. I looked at him and found him with a stumped look on his face. He wasn't expecting that, that's for sure.

We stood there quietly for a moment. I was scared to even think that I could of just ruined my chances of getting in. But I was thinking it anyway. That alone almost brought me to tears. But I looked him dead in the eyes as he cleared his throat.

"If you were asking for me to look at your file, it's unfortunate for me to inform you of two things: 1) There's only a few spots left, 2) One of the first rules of being a bodyguard is being able to focus on what is at hand and not be led on by distractions. If you want to flirt with someone, let it be off duty or when you're not busy with another job." He said, slightly gritting his teeth together at the last part. I was confused.

"What," I asked.

"You have trouble understanding as well, Ms. Embin," he asked, disdain lacing his deep voice. My mouth opened and shut. What the hell?

"Fli- flirting? When was I— what does that have to do with-," he cut me off.

"Nonetheless, I don't think you would even make it through the first stages considering they require undivided attention." I was speechless.. and hurt. It kinda hurt. I watched as he turned and walked to the bathroom.

...wh- wow.

I couldn't believe it. I wouldn't believe it—anything that he said— I wouldn't. I'd prove him wrong if I had to. I was going to finish that application and be there.

We'll see who won't make it through the first levels. As my Italian grandfather would say:

È Solo L'INIZIO...