Chapter 1

Syre

Finally, a break. Although I love living in NYC its exhausting to keep up with its fast-pace lifestyle for months on end. Ironically, I work in the least hectic environment, a teahouse. I'm the owner in fact. You'd be surprised by how draining it is to work in such a business. ENOUGH about work! I just finished setting up my tent and now I'm settling myself onto my yoga mat to start meditating.

Leo

Fuck! I feel like shit. I just woke up and my head is pounding. I feel like my eyes are about to roll out of my skull any moment. I knew I'd regret drinking so much, but when you see your best friend get married and its not to you - making good decisions seem to fly out the window.

Being a werewolf I knew she wasn't my mate but having her completely off limits now...sucks. Besides, I have lost all hope in finding the one. Once a werewolf turns 18 and they still haven't found their mate its pretty much over....I'm 27. Plus as alpha I feel the pressure from everyone to find my mate.

'Uuugh'. Yup I about to regret last nights decision even more. I race to the toilet and yak what feels like every bone in my body. Eventually I get up from the floor and just stared at my reflection in the mirror. Jesus Christ! I look disgusting. I hop in the shower and get out feeling like a new man. Since I'm a werewolf hangovers only last for a few minutes.

I walk out to my balcony overlooking the forest. My one good decision from last night was leaving the wedding before I did something I would have regretted. I drove out to my cabin in the woods. Actually probably not the safest idea but hey I'm alive!

I just need to clear my head and get over Nora. Nora.

Although we never officially dated we did sleep together.....on multiple occasions. I've never been in a committed relationship. Out of all the women I've slept with. And I've slept with a lot of women. Nora was the only one that didn't annoy the shit out of me, hence, why she's one of my best friends. Being that she is my only female friend. It wasn't until she met Aaron, that sweet bastard, did she end things with me. I can't even hate Aaron, to be honest, he's a great guy. And that fact just pisses me off.

Fuck! I'm supposed to be clearing my head. I'm going to go for a run. When I go running I just let my wolf take over. I strip out of my clothes and jump over the railing landing on all fours. Time to spend a few mindless hours running. I lift my nose in the air and take a good-

What is that smell? For some reason my heart starts to beat faster and I feel...is that butterflies? I start to run, run faster than I ever have before. God! that smell. It's a combination of lavender and sweet vanilla, my mouth waters with anticipation. I slow down as I get closer.

Its a woman, her back is towards me. Just from looking at her long curly black hair I get rock hard. I've never gotten aroused so quickly, especially just from looking at the back of a persons head! A breeze flows through her hair wafting more of her scent towards me. I let a low growl, I have to get closer.

Quietly, I get closer and when I caught site of her, my mouth went dry. Nervously, I sat down in front of her. I've never seen a women this mesmerizing, it makes me nervous. I never get nervous.

Her soft curls frame her face. Arched brows, petite nose, long lashes, lush rosy lips and the cutest little beauty mark on her left cheek. Her shade of skin can only be described as caramel. I bet she tastes just as sweet.

What's most strikingly beautiful about her is how at peace she looks. But then she smiled. Fuck! Luckily I'm already sitting because my knees feel like jello. Lets just say I wasn't prepared. I don't think anything in the world could have prepared me to witness this woman.