Chapter 15

Syre

One minute I'm searching the crowd to find Jaz and Zoe only find a bunch of strangers staring at me, the next minute I turn around and find a skank wrapped around my man. Leo chose the wrong one if he thought I'd stand for this shit. 

"Woah there. Who the fuck is this?" I ask while crossing my arms in anger. 

"Ha. I'm Nora the reason why Leo is rebounding. Who the fuck are you?" the plastic bitch squeaks back at me. 

"Excuse me. You better come correct when you address me. Now I asked LEO. Who the fuck is this?" I seethe, clinching my fists.

"Nora, get off of me. Syre, baby, she's just someone I used to hang with that's all. She means nothing to me." Leo begs. "Nothing to you. Last time I checked you got drunk at my wedding and confessed your love to me." she whined.

"Unbelievable. I knew you were too good to be true." I say letting disappointment overtake my anger. "Sorry for giving you an attitude Nora. I didn't mean to come at you crazy. I just let my anger get the best of me." I apologize to the whore and she just stares back at me in shock. I turn to leave.

"Wait - " Leo says grabbing my arm. "Don't. Touch. Me." I state looking him right in the eye.

Leo

Jesus this woman is scary. I let her go immediately "Syre, I can explain everything. Just give a chance." I whimper. 

"Fine. Just get me my drink." she says exasperated. "Theres two sides to every story. Am I right." Syre says fake smiling to the strangers staring at us. The moment she does the pack turns back around, embarrassed to have been caught earsdropping. 

~~~~

I walk her to the balcony for some privacy. "Now please enlighten me. How does someone you love mean nothing to you." she says while looking out to view the garden. 

"I don't love Nora. I was drunk and didn't know what I was saying. I don't even remember doing that." I respond. "Then why did you get drunk at her wedding" she clips still not looking at me. "I-I alright. I had feelings for her but I don't anymore. I was sad to see my fuckbuddy move on and get married while I was still stuck single. In processing this loss I may have had too many drinks. But I DON'T love her. And you're NOT a rebound. You mean the world to me." I explain defeated, hanging my head in shame.

"There was that so hard." she soothes. Lifting my head up and looking me in the eye. "If we're gonna do this. I mean really try to make what we have blossom into a healthy relationship. I need you to be honest with me and not withhold information. Ever." she says with a small smile gracing her face. 

"Now stop slouching. I'm not judging you. I'd never judge you. I'm aware that people make mistakes and you're no virgin. I don't expect perfection." she says grabbing me face for reassurance. 

I grab her face back and kiss her with all the passion and gratitude I could muster. I push her away the minute she starts responding. "What's wrong?" she questions in a daze. "I-I I haven't been completely honest with you Syre." I say with tears in my eyes. 

The moment I tell her I'm a werewolf she'll leave me for good.