31. She said yes!

~ 4 years later ~

Abhishek's POV-

It's been four years since Vashi and I are together. We've had our ups and downs, but we still stand strong, together.

These four years have been really good. I was good at my job, of taking wickets, scoring centuries, and leading India to victories, whereas Vashi was good at hers. That's managing the team perfectly, relieving our stress with her amazing puns and at times terrible jokes.

The past four years have also been hectic for our relationship. I mean, the media wanting to know each and everything.

Once, I'd scored a century during the World Cup, which I might add, we won because of me, so yeah, I completed my century, and I was so happy that I didn't know what I was doing. I blew a flying kiss to the dressing room, where Vashi and all my team mates were standing, clapping for me.

She hadn't expected that, and started blushing. Our little moment was captured in the big screen.

There was a huge ruckus created by the media.

And as usual, me and Vashi denied it again, saying that were was nothing between us, we're just friends.

Vashi was even called to the BCCI office, but she told me it was nothing related to us, but something about the changes they needed in the schedule.

Me and Vashi have moved in together. Amrita stays in the same building. So when the media caught me entering the building, I said I live here. The other time they caught, Vashi entering, she said, she and her bestfriend Amrita live together.

That was smart of her.

Yes, we've been caught a multiple times, when we were out for dinner dates or something else.

Therefore, whenever we get breaks, me and Vashi travel to another country.

Thank god, we work at the same place.

But, you know right, the media and their sharp eye sight. Once they caught us together in Spain, and because of that Vashi left earlier, whereas, I returned after two days.

Media really needs to learn how to give privacy to people.

Vashi still hadn't come home, so I decided to make dinner.

Let's make her favourite paneer butter masala and kulchas.

Yes, I can cook.

I had already finished everything, and was just arranging it on the table when I heard Vashi enter.

She looked quite exhausted.

"Tired, jaan?" I asked her.

"Very much." She whined.

"Go freshen up. I've already made dinner." I informed.

"Ah baby! I love you." She said, giving me a peck on the lips, and walking to our room.

By the way she was walking I could make out how tired she was. Poor thing.

After a long shower, she came out, dressed in my tee ONLY. It reached to her mid thighs.

I totally love it when she wears my clothes.

We quickly ate our dinner, and sat on the couch watching ShinChan.

She loves ShinChan. She's got this weird obsession with this cartoon.

I still love her though.

"Vashi, stand up." I told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Just stand na."

"Oohhhkay."

I stood infront of her.

"Do you remember what I told you when I asked you to be my girlfriend?" I questioned.

"Duh! Yeah!" She chuckled.

"You said, the next time you'd be on your knees like that would be to propose me, but for then, you asked me to be your girlfriend." She said, shrugging her shoulders.

I pulled out a velvet box from my pocket and kneeled down infront of her.

Her eyes and mouth were wide open.

"I've loved you since I was 17. I've loved you for 10 years now. And, I'll love you forever. I can't imagine my life without you, and I don't want to. So, jaan, will you be my jaan, till I die?" I asked her.

Surprised was just an understatement in her case.

She had tears in her eyes.

"I love you." She said, while crying. THERE WAS ALSO A SMILE ON HER FACE.

"So, is that a yes?" I teased her.

"YES. YES. YES. A million times YES." She chuckled.

I put the diamond ring in her ring finger.

Now you'd be thinking about the ring her mom gave, yeah? Well, she had changed the finger for that ring a long time back.

I hugged her tightly, before pulling her in for a kiss.

"I love you." She smiled while hugging me.

"I love you too jaan. So much."

The very night, before sleeping, I posted two pictures of us on instagram.

It was a candid picture taken by Manjot when were 17. Me and Vashi were looking at each other and laughing, I don't remember the reason now, though. I captioned it as,

'Lady love since 17❤'

I posted another picture of us, which we just clicked after she said yes. My forehead rested against hers, her eyes closed while I looked at her, smile on our faces. She kept her hand on my cheek, showing off her ring.

'She said yes💍'

Being the caption.

****

OH MY GOD!

FINALLY!

VOOOOTE. ❤

Next chapter soooooon. ^_^