Chapter 4

Nikita

Yesterday when I came home, Mom was looking at me with worry and confusion because I came home completely drenched. Then she started questioning about the jacket but the topic was off as soon as I told her that someone gave it to me for the way home.

I'm pretty sure that she would have demanded me to return it if I had bought it. And not because it was expensive if you know what I mean. Well it was mostly her who decided what I'm allowed to buy. She never even listened to me. The clothes she didn't like were going to be trash or she'd return it.

And the next day my father was also questioning me about the jacket. He rambled something about how expensive the clothing of this brand was and something. Well, thanks for that, I already knew by looking at it.

I loved the jacket, if you want my honest opinion. It was not the jacket itself or that it was so expensive, it was the fact that someone or better, Aleczander gave it to me. Something about it made me smile. Well anyways, the jacket was not my style at all. It didn't go well with my white distressed jeans and my oversized t-shirt which I tied with a knot to make it a little shorter.

And I wasn't the only one who thought like that. As soon as I reached school, this time it was my mom who brought me, everyone was not only staring at me but paying more attention to the jacket I was wearing.

And the first thing GG asked me was "Where did you get that thing from?" I thought about how I should reply. I didn't directly want to tell where I got it from but I didn't want to lie to her either.

"Someone gave it to me," I shrugged it off like it was nothing important.

"It doesn't fit you. It's way too big," she grumbled. "You could have at least styled it a bit more so that it would go with your look. You are really incapable. I swear if you hadn't had a pretty face then everyone would look at like you were crazy."

It's not like I hadn't noticed that already. But she didn't have to be so harsh.

"So, let's go, we'll be late," she said and dragged me to our first class that we had together. We had history. I simply didn't have no interest in history. I wasn't bad but I could be a lot better if the subject would interest me even the slightest.

"So quick revision. Who can explain the Dawes plan?" The teacher started a question related to our previous lesson. Some people raised their hands as he picked someone to explain it on the blackboard while I wasn't paying attention at all.

My head was all over Aleczander. He was really handsome if I think about it. But more interesting was that look in his eyes. Something in his gaze caught my attention.

How come I haven't seen him around this area? He's definitely not from our school. Even if I don't look like it, but I would have noticed if he was. I had the urge to meet him again. But I neither know where to find him nor did I have his number. I should have asked him when we met.

"Mecale!" I abruptly jumped in shock and looked at the teacher who called me out all of the sudden. "I would recommend to listen if you want to reach a high score in the next test."

Now everyone was looking at me. Uh great, couldn't he just ignore me and the fact that I was not listening in class? I sighed, whatever. The teacher continued talking until the lesson finally finished.

I head to my locker, followed by GG. "Why were you spacing out in the middle of the class? That's so unlike you." Why did she care? I didn't want to answer her question. And the luck was on my side today. That's what I thought when I saw Eric interrupting us.

But my hope faded away when he inspected the jacket with a confused glance. "Where did you get that from?" He immediately started.

"Yeah hi to you too," I sighed. Okay seriously, it was just a jacket. Why was everyone making a big fuss about it? Eric waited for the answer with a demanding look. I sighed and pulled my books out of the locker before closing it. "Someone gave it to me."