Chapter 12

Aleczander

"And he's not your boyfriend?" Emmett asked me with a frown. Niki was already home. Even though I wanted to drive him, he insisted on walking all the way home. And I wouldn't say that he was living close by that you could just easily walk there in twenty minutes.

"No he's not. Why would he be?" I rolled my eyes and threw myself on the couch. The funny thing was that he was looking at me like he seriously didn't get it, like I was an unsolved mystery.

"But you like him?" Couldn't he get rid of that questioning look on his face? "You never really like anyone."

"Because the most people are not likable," was all I said to that.

"You're not likable either," he huffed. "Alec, you are an idiot." I narrowed my eyes, ready to snap back at him but unfortunately he continued before I did. "There, you finally find someone who you like and who likes you, too and you don't even ask him out?"

"And why are you so sure that he likes me? You said it yourself that I'm not a likable person. So why on earth would he like me? He could have any one else." I don't plan on making a fool of myself. I'm not the one to lie, I mean, I do really like him. But it didn't mean that I fell for him.

"What if he doesn't want anyone else? How come you still didn't notice how he looks at you?" I kept silent. How he looks at me? I never payed attention on that. Who the hell would pay attention to something like that? I never really considered the possibility of Niki liking me in the first place.

"You don't seem to have a problem about me might being gay," I dodged his question.

"Because I'm already used to it since my brother is bi." I widened my eyes at his answer.

How comes he never told me? Okay that was a dumb question. He never tells me anything if I don't ask for it. But I knew his brother, I should have noticed. "And I didn't know that the whole time?" 

"Well he has a girlfriend for like four years now. Even if you knew, you would have probably forgotten it by now." Well that to be honest made a lot of sense. If I'm not wrong his brother is even going to get married soon. "You know what you should do?" He looked at me. "The next time you meet him, just ask him if he wants to go out with you."

"I will probably not," I shook my head. If he declines it's going to get awkward between us and that is the last thing I want right now. "We don't even know each other for long."

"No one cares about that." I couldn't argue with him. That was one of the very few things I couldn't stand about him. When Emmett really starts talking which is like never, then it is only to argue with me. And the most annoying part is that no matter what, he was always right.

In the next moment, someone rung the bell. I stood up and head to the door, to see who was standing there. But when I opened the door I was surprised to see Max and Tess. Okay that's a lie. I could have guessed that it was Max because he always randomly comes to visit me. But Tess? She mostly has something better to do.

"What are you guys doing here?" I frowned and made some space for them to come in.

"Max was bored and I just thought that it was long time ago that I last visited you, so we both came and oh," she stopped when she noticed Emmett. "So you are here, too. I guess it was a good timing then, huh?"

"The worst, to be honest," I corrected her, making her frown.

"Why? What did you guys talk about?" She wanted to know and took a seat on the couch while Max didn't give a damn and just made himself comfortable as he pleased.