Chapter 24

Nikita

"What are you planning? I told you I won't help cleaning your room," Aleczander refused. I sighed and opened my closet that still had a few remaining clothing pieces.

"Just wait a second," I told him before leaving and returning with two plastic bags. "There," I gave him one and kept the other. "Just help me pack all the clothes from the floor," I said.

He frowned but thankfully didn't question anything as he did what I told him to. So at the end we finished stuffing all of the clothing from the floor inside the bag which made my room look a lot cleaner than before. But cleaning my room wasn't actually my plan. That's why we quickly loaded the bags inside his car and that was when Aleczander got suspicious.

"Where are we going?" He crossed his arms once we got in. I pressed my lips together, not having the intention to answer. "Fine, I'll probably find out soon. Just tell me the way- oh wait you know, let's do it the 'easy way'," he reached out his phone to me. I smirked at that as I typed in the name of the place before starting the router.

"I should've done that way sooner," I bit my lip and looked out the window. It actually took us a while until we reached the place I only knew from the internet.

But when we arrived, I was all eager to finally go in. So we quickly load the bags in our hands before we went into a shabby and tiny looking building.

"Is this it?" Aleczander doubted. I shrugged because I couldn't tell either. It was not like I have been to this place before. So we opened the rusty looking door and went in. And to my surprise it actually looked way better from the inside than from the outside.

It was neatly decorated and it kind of gave me the warm feeling of being home. It was not difficult to find the woman on the counter since she greeted us with a warm smile on her face and hurried us over.

"How can I help you?" The middle aged woman with dyed dark red hair asked us. She was quite outstanding and really giving me a vintage vibe, wearing a dark red rockabilly dress.

"Uh I'm Niki Mecale, I already call two days ago, mentioning that I wanted to donate these clothes," I said as I placed the bag on the counter which Aleczander copied me.

"All of them?" She looked stunned when she opened one of the bag to check whether they were in good condition. I could see from the corner of my eyes, how Aleczander was staring.

"Yes everything," I nodded as I gave it a last glance before she called another woman who came from a door behind the counter. She came to pick the bags and carried them away.

"So you just have to sign here and there," she handed me a fully written paper which I quickly signed without even reading since she already told me during our phone call what this all was about. It was just some kind of consent form that I won't get my things back after giving it away.

So after it was all done I grabbed Aleczander's hand as we left and found ourselves back in the car.

"I can't believe you just donate all of your stuff," he confronted me. I knew that this was coming.

"Let's not talk here. What about that place you brought me to the first time," I suggested. He knew what I meant and this time the ride went a lot faster since he already knew the way and there was no need to follow any router.

I knew we were close when the path started to get a little uneven and when the environment was covered in nothing but trees. Aleczander soon stopped the car before we got out. I just followed him until the familiar flower printed meadow was all surrounding us.

"Still as beautiful as the first time," I smiled. I wonder how this place look when it's all cold and snowing. Aleczander sneakily embraced me from behind and rested his chin on my shoulder.