Chapter 8

Nikita

Finally, it was Saturday. That means no school, so I slept through morning and woke up around twelve thirty. I usually don't sleep that long but I stayed up longer yesterday because of Eric's date with Ricky. He explained everything that happened and of course I wanted to know. Not only me but GG, too. And it ended up with a long, a very long conversation between us three.

"Niki, want to eat some pancakes?" I heard my Mom, calling from downstairs. I threw myself back on the bed and sighed.

"No, not hungry," I replied briefly and wasted most of my time being on the phone before, deciding to take some fresh air. Usually, I would ask Eric or GG to hang out but they both have plans. Eric was out with his family and GG had a planned a date with Jerry.

But that didn't bother me at all. So, as soon as the time passed, around two thirty I made myself ready and dressed up in some regular pair of blue jeans and a white shirt until it was three which was when I headed out.

I actually just planned to go maybe get some ice cream or something. And every time I walked along this street, I wonder why I still don't have a car. My parents told me that it was not necessary since GG could always get me to school and that it's a good thing to walk. Besides it would save us a lot of money.

The funny thing was that I had already got my driving license but not a freaking car. Mom's explanation was that just in case something happens somewhere. But she never thought about how unnecessary that was because it doesn't helps driving in 'just in case' situations when I don't even have a car.

But whatever. When I almost reached the little ice cafe, I played with the thought of going to the mall. It would take a lot of time but either way, I didn't have anything better do. I was just standing at the sidewalk, about to cross the street when the car, which should have just passed by, stopped in front of me as the window slowly lowered.

"It's you again." It was Aleczander.

I smiled once I recognized him and walked to him after I checked if other cars were coming. "Hey," I leaned over the window. "How comes that we always meet like this?" I questioned but he just shrugged and motioned for me to get in, which I did.

"So where did you plan to go?" He wanted to know and started driving once he saw a car coming from behind.

"Well actually I just wanted to take a walk and maybe grab something to eat. What about you?"

"I just returned from my Dad's working place. He forgot something and asked me to bring it. So I guess, I'm allowed to join you when you haven't planned on meeting anyone?" I smirked and nodded as he continued the way I was heading to. "You know, I was expecting you to text me. But you never did. You don't like me or what?"

"No that's not it, it's just that you said that I should text you whenever I want anything from you. And I had no reason to do so. I didn't want to bother you for no reason," I explained, making him roll his eyes.

"If I hadn't wanted that then I wouldn't have given you my number in the first place. Whatever, you were heading to the mall, right?" I nodded.

"Can I ask you something?" There was something I wanted to know for a longer time now. He didn't reply but I kept on talking. "Are we like friends?" He immediately frowned once that question dropped and looked at me, not fully paying attention on the street.

"Why? You want us to be?" He cocked an eyebrow still in a frown. I didn't answer and look out the window. "I guess, I want us to be. You are weird, that's why." Now I was the one to furrow and turned to him.

"I'm not weird! I'm perfectly fine," I stated and crossed my arms.

"Mhm, whatever you say." Not much later and we reached the entrance of the mall. "Where do you want to go to?" he asked and continued going in. The mall was not that big but it was closer than the other which is too far away. And it's not like I planned on doing anything exciting for today.