Chapter 11

Aleczander

"No way! Don't let him do that, man," Dylan laughed and shook his head. I crossed my arms and just shrugged. "He's drunk, he will drown," he tried to convince me. "At least take his phone out from his pocket."

"Just do it yourself," I sighed. He rolled his eyes but still had a wide grin on his face as he made his way over to the pool where he wanted to rescue Jason from diving in. Luckily he manage to stop him from jumping and pulled him back.

"This was close," Max chuckled and helped Dylan to pull Jason away. They should have just left him be, I thought. "He's so out, he can't even stand," Max groaned.

"Then just throw him on the couch," I waved away.

"He'll puke on it, I can see it coming," Emmett smirked. "Just leave him on the floor and give him a pillow," he advised. In that moment I received a message, so I pulled out my phone and checked from whom it was. It was from Niki. Right, he told me that he wanted to come, too.

'Pick me up. Please'

What's up with this message? I frowned and stood up. "Hey guys, I'll be off." Was all I said as I gave Emmett a glance which he immediately understood.

I grabbed my car keys and left the house to get in my Jeep since I was too lazy to get my other car out of the garage. Before I started the car, I checked the message again. Is something up with him? Maybe he's just in a rush or something.

It took me about twenty-five minutes to drive to the location he told me to. It was quite dark and I couldn't see much. I narrowed my eyes to get a better glimpse of my environment as my eyes were checking the sidewalk for the familiar guy.

All of the sudden when I looked back to the front, I noticed someone just in time to do a sharp brake that ended with a light impact. I cursed and jumped out the car, to see if I caused any major accident.

But when I saw who it was, I widened my eyes. "Niki, oh shit I'm sorry. Are you alright?" I helped him back up. Though I just noticed his expression and he looked like he was about to cry.

As soon as he recognized me, he wrapped his arms around me and pressed his face against my chest. I was so caught up in the moment and perplexed that I hesitated in reacting. Though when I saw how he was shaking, I returned the hug and tightened my grip around him.

What on earth happened with him? I slowly pushed him away from me to look at him. The first for me to notice were his eyes. They completely lost their sparkle that actually made them so mesmerizing. I used my thumbs to wipe the tears off and stroked his cheek.

My eyes then automatically fell on his clothes. Strangely, it wasn't what he was wearing that was standing out, it was rather how. Started from the top: his white wrinkled button up shirt. The first two buttons weren't even closed and judged by the bow which was hanging loosely around his neck, I could tell that it wasn't meant to be like that.

And his shorts, they weren't even zipped up. Didn't he care that they were open? Also the tights seemed to had ripped at some part.

I guess, I could already tell what happened so I didn't ask. And it somehow hurt to see him like that, but I was more angry. I let go just to open the door for him to get in before I got in the car myself. When I started driving, I shot him a glance before looking back on the street.

"Should I drive you home?" He hesitated in answering, so I first kept my speed low before I could drive the wrong way.

"No," he shook his head. "I don't want to go home." I nodded and understood, so I pulled my phone out to text Emmett.