Chapter 13

Nikita

I was packing my stuff together and emptied my bottle filled with cold water. I had just finished practice and I felt so exhausted. Meagan for some reason had a very bad mood and made an extra hard workout for all of us.

I felt so exhausted and couldn't wait to be back home. Though during practice, I wasn't really presence. I don't know why but the words just started repeating in my head. And here I was thinking that a bit of practice would help me forget at least for a little while. But instead, I kept getting glances from other for making so many unnecessary mistakes, which was unlike me.

Meagan even asked me afterwards but I told her that it was just a lot that was going on. But it was rather her who should calm down or get some rest. I wanted to ask her what she had but at the end I just left it. I didn't want to make her more angry than she already was.

Later when I reached home, all I was thinking about was that I should go and take a refreshing shower. But as soon as I put my bag on my bed I heard how someone rung the bell at the door.

But it wasn't me who opened the door, it was my Mom. It was probably one of her friends who came to visit. I don't really like any of her friends. They are so annoying. I mean it's already hard to deal with my mother on her own but even I can quickly lose my calm when I have to deal with like five of them.

Anyway. I pulled off my sweaty shirt and threw them in the laundry basket, when I suddenly heard my mother calling me down. So I went down while pulling my shoes off on the way, which by the way almost made me fall down the stairs.

Luckily, I didn't hurt myself and manage to get down without any injuries. I was looking for Mom in the living room, though she didn't seem to be there. Were was she? I was about to head to the kitchen when I saw her standing at the door.

"What is it?" I asked. She turned around and smiled.

"There is someone looking for you."

I frowned at her. "For me?" I looked at the clock. "Who would come around at such a-," I stopped myself when I noticed who was standing there. Mom smiled and left us alone, but not without giving me a brief knowing glance.

"Aleczander," I stood there a bit perplexed. "What- what are you doing here?" I frowned. Though he didn't answered, he just pressed his lips to a thin line and looked down on me until I noticed that I hadn't had much on. "Want to come in?"

He nodded as I made some space for him to step in. When we reached my room, there was that uncomfortable silence between us. "So is there any specifically reason as to why you decided to show up at a time like this?" I smiled.

"Wanna go out to eat with me?" He suddenly asked. To eat? It was about to get dark now. But otherwise it was Aleczander.

"Sure, let me just take a shower first," I said and grabbed some clothes out of my closet before I went to the bathroom.

Once I came out, my clothes were already on but my hair was still a little wet. I noticed how Aleczander was studying the pictures on the wall. That were mostly family pictures or some selfies with my friends. "You're done?" I asked.

He quickly turned around and looked at me. "I guess you are ready to go now," he stated. I nodded, but still wondered why he decided to go out with me to eat. Whatsoever. I left that question unanswered, since I still had the choice to ask him later.

When we were back down, I met my Mom who was eyeing me with curiosity. "You are going out?" I nodded and put my shoes on. "Don't come home too late, okay," I rolled my eyes at her and grab the keys before heading out.